• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

homemade reservoirs pictures

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mewisemagic2

can anybody post some pictures of their homemade reservoirs ? i want to try and make one if i can. i'm running a loop and t right now and it is kinda hard to bleed when changing the coolant and i want to go back to a tank. thanks for any ideas

I found this picture with the search feature.

vpsporb-PumpRes.JPG

picture credit to HungLo here at OCF.

You can pretty much use any kind of container.

Why not buy some Lexan and make one thats better and possibly cooler looking than some of the factory jobs?

Btw did you or are you planning on seeing Wolfie and the boys?

Here´s what I did

Had a all in one !!

Pump built into res, and was not possible to buy just the res ...
Plus no warranty over two years old ..
So I bought a 5 dollar tupperware container with clips and airtight ring .. Holds 1.6 liter !!!
Got lucky the 1/2 tubing mounted directly to pump...

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Attachments

• CIMG0023.JPG
    CIMG0023.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 811
How's this one. Worked great.

Attachments

• REZ + Pump.jpg
    REZ + Pump.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 796
  • REZ.jpg
    REZ.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 798
You have to love that he kept the Folgers label on!

"We are here at the Overclockers Forum, where we've secretly replaced the coolant in his loop with Folgers Crystals. Let's see if anyone can tell the difference!"

goofy.gif

Why not buy some Lexan and make one thats better and possibly cooler looking than some of the factory jobs?

Btw did you or are you planning on seeing Wolfie and the boys?

i wanted too see them when they came too Charlotte,n.c. but it sold out before i could get tix,but they were $200+ anyway:mad:

I made several res's out of PVC. You can find all the needed parts/PVC cement @ any Home Depot.

Bad part is I can't find any of my pictures :rolleyes:

Had a all in one !!

Pump built into res, and was not possible to buy just the res ...
Plus no warranty over two years old ..
So I bought a 5 dollar tupperware container with clips and airtight ring .. Holds 1.6 liter !!!
Got lucky the 1/2 tubing mounted directly to pump...

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I used one of those very same containers to make speaker boxes for my 3" Clarions in my car. They work well and make it sound better too :D.

Well Guess Tupperware is multi use !!!

Great Idea Moto 7451,

Never thought of mounting speakers in one but good and cheap .
Lookin at all the others though wish I´d used lexan ...

Looks lots better ...

Happy modding

How did you make the end caps?
Machined them out of delrin on my lathe.
I got a great deal on chunks of delrin, 1" x 6" x 12" for $1/# (about $30/# list).
I bought about 20#...wish I had gotten more. It's great stuff and machines well.

Last edited:
here's my attempt at a homemade resevior she is running 42 -44c since installing it:attn:. with a loop at 1.925v it ran at 48-50c

Attachments

• pcpix 001.jpg
    pcpix 001.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 733
Back