• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Switching fitting sizes(tubing)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

risingsun

I noticed the fittings on my block have screw mountings and that there are different fittings you can buy online, I just wanted to know if I can buy new fittings and replace the 3/8 fittings to 1/2. My block is the block out of the thermaltake 754 kit.

I don't see why you couldn't change the barbs out then. But you will need to make sure what threads your block uses, so that you can buy the correct thread barbs.

the only site I know of is xoxide and danger den, which doesnt list threadings...

take your current barbs to your local hardware store. They will be able to tell you what kind they are, and can sell you new ones. Much easier than buying that stuff online.
Pay attention to the ID of the new barbs. There a many manufacturers of "hardware store" barbs and the wall thickness vary alot from manufacturer to manufacturer. You may even want to consider drilling out the ID.

Last edited:
If the barbs have o-rings on them, you aren't going to find them in your local hardware store. The hardware stores only carry NPT barbs (tapered threads), while barbs with o-rings use straight threads. If it is using straight threads, they are more than likely G 1/4" as that is the most popular thread used, but I can't find anything on their website that lists the barb thread size.

That waterblock is using a very antiquated design in the vein of the old Maze 3 blocks. You really would be better off getting a decent block than messing around with this one.

Back