• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Positive Apple Store Experience - Iphone Related

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dominick32

Senior Solid State Aficionado
First off, yes I own an Iphone. :beer: Please no haters allowed in this thread. I love the phone for connectivity and pricing in my area, plus my other half has AT&T and an Iphone, so all minutes/text/data are free between me and the lady. Another major reason was music and video portability when traveling on planes, etc because I do not own any music players. That is besides the point.....

On to my story. I bought the Iphone initially 6 months ago, or whenever the release date was. Cant remember off the top of my head. Recently my touch screen became frozen, even after a phone reboot and restore the screen wouldnt fix itself.

I took the phone right to the Apple Store in the Smithaven Mall, in Nesconset, New York. I walked in right around closing time at 9pm and all the people wanted to go home. There were no more Genius's available (lol.. they call tech service guys Genius's) and the last appointment was already taken.

So, I ask the general manager if there is anything he can do for me. He takes me back to the genius bar himself and puts on his genius hat. (lol again) Takes my phone, reproduces the errors that I am experiencing and downloads all of my contacts, videos, pictures, music, data, etc. to his laptop. Opens up a brand new Iphone 8GB restores all of my data to it, and installs my sim card. Done. So I walk out of the Apple Store with a brand new Iphone just like that, after owning the original for six months.

Talk about customer service. I am very pleased with the courtesy of the general manager at this store and the warranty service with Apple. Even as I am walking out of the store during closing the gentleman stops me and says DONT FORGET TO GET YOUR $100 rebate. So, I sit down and get my rebate before he closes. I am very impressed!!

Had a little too much caffeine this morning and figured I would share that with you guys.

that is awesome man. what luck. My girlfriend got an Iphone but hated it so she returned it.

Good story :D

Glad to hear you had a positive experience with Apple's customer service, dom. Just be sure not to bring your iphone with you if you decide to go visiting out of country, like those poor folks that went to Europe did. I'd hate to hear that you were billed for $4k like them because you went on a vacation for phone service you didn't actually use. ;)

Glad to hear you had a positive experience with Apple's customer service, dom. Just be sure not to bring your iphone with you if you decide to go visiting out of country, like those poor folks that went to Europe did. I'd hate to hear that you were billed for $4k like them because you went on a vacation for phone service you didn't actually use. ;)

Not anymore. The latest firmware update adds an international mode feature that turns off all data/text/roaming information when outside of the US. You will need to update your Iphone to the latest revision!

Cheers.

I'm glad to hear that they fixed that then. I know that I would have wanted to go to Apple's headquarters and personally shove the phone up Steve Jobs's nether regions if I had gotten a $4000 phone bill because his device wasn't smart enough to switch off when international. :D

Back