• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NCIX.com info

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

johnm

Ordered 2 gt from NCIX.com.
Cheap 249 last thrusday.friday email
[We are currently experiencing heavy backorders on the EVGA 8800 GT SC]
Anybody want to guess how long this may be.
Never delt much with NCIX.com.
In past i aways avoided any B Os
Wrong form Best form for this info.
thanks

It depends on the product. I've had a set of SmartCoils on backorder with them for ~3 months now. I don't actually need them, so I don't care all that much. Anyways, the best people to talk to are the ones at NCIX.

I have a backorder with NCIXUS on a different item. The item became available on their Canadian site and was on the US site with availability in '2-5 days' which seemed reasonable to get them imported to the US. Now the page says 2-3 weeks, and in fact the item master list page still shows 2-3 days. I emailed asking for a shipping estimate expecting that they'd get the item within a few days and got a generic canned response that could be summarized as 'It will ship as soon as we get it'...duh. I sent another message that was a bit more strongly worded asking for a NON-canned response for details on Friday, no response yet of course over the weekend.

Worst part about their backorders are they charge you upon order receipt. I'm not going to let this thing sit on my CC to the point where I'd have to pay to avoid interest. This is my first order with NCIX and I know backorders can always be wierd but how they handle it will pretty much determine whether I order from them in the future.

1) Lets nudge this into Vendor Discussion where it belongs.

2) I deal almost exclusively with NCIX and they have left me hanging once before with stuff that was backordered, but they aren't lying when they say they'll ship the goods when they can. I once ordered a) a network cable repair crimper b) a bag or cat5 heads and c) a mouse pad. They shipped the heads immediately. It took them over a month and a half to ship the crimper and when they did they sent it express, but here's the stupid part: they actually shipped the mouse pad seperately a week after they shipped the cat5 heads. It was a 98 cent mouse pad and they sent it express too. :rolleyes: Just to make sure I got everything as fast as they could ship it then expressed me a 98 cent mouse pad!!!!!!! I don't think they'll make you wait out of laziness. If they don't ship right away it's because they haven't got it from their supplier. As soon as they get it they'll send it out.

edit: I should add the separate shippings of the mouse pad and crimper were at their expense, not mine.

I don't know why I spammed up his thread, maybe just because I had a story to tell. I don't doubt the item won't be shipped ever I would just appreciate a real ETA. The item had been pulled from their site until a few days ago when it showed up on the Canadian site and US site to place backorders and this is why I think they can provide a real ETA. They ought to know incoming stock vs backorders and be able to tell imo, I don't need to be told it will ship when it ships :p

I've been purchasing from the canadian site for 2-3 years roughly, and have had excellent service from them so far. I've changed orders mid day on them ( my fault) and the product arrived the next morning as the original order was supposed to.

I had one order in the past on brief back order and it showed up very close to the approximate ETA that they gave me.

Overall, I've been very pleased.

I deal with them exclusively but twice I ordered BO/special order stuff I I had to contact them after a week of ETA to get a "we just got it today" answer, I dunno it it's pure luck of a small oversight but contact them a week after the initial ETA just in case. Otherwise I think they are currently the absolute best e-vendor in canada.

I am in the same boat. I ordered on the morning when the first on the site at 239$ for the EVGA SC edition. I have seemed to miss the first shipment, and now have seemed to miss the second shipment even though there are coments on there site saying mine already shipped BS. I think the 239 was a mistake price, but because my order was already verified they are screwing me over making me wait to see if I cancel. I am never buying from them again after this BS.:mad:

I had one order in the past on brief back order and it showed up very close to the approximate ETA that they gave me.

Overall, I've been very pleased.

That's great and that's all I really want, an actual ETA not a 'when we get it' ETA which is the most blindingly obvious answer to a backorder question possible.

Thanks for all info this is the first time i used them.
Will send a few emails when i get eta from them
If i was only getting 1 card i would cancel.
The longer it takes the better evga steep up gets.
Below pc is close to a year old come thanksgiving.
Time for some changes
Again sorry for posting in wrong form

Ordered my 8800GT Superclocked from them on the 29th (backordered). It shipped today, Fed Ex says it will be here Friday.

This sucks mine has still not shipped and I to ordered on the 29th. This is very irritating. For sure I will not be ordering from them again.:mad:

i ordered on the 30th
they listed this on there forms
EVGA 8800GT Superclocked Edition availability (sku 26788)

Update - November 6th/7th

Our shipment did indeed arrive and we made our best effort at filling back orders. This product is still heavily back ordered.

We expect another shipment from EVGA early next week, and we will try to keep everyone up-to-date. EVGA is working on a much larger shipment, but details are unknown at this point.

might take a while i will wait till next shipment to decide
if i only ordered 1 i would cancel.
have 2 on order that=60.00+ more if i go elsewere

they took way to many orders before they raised priece to the average

http://forum.ncix.com/forums/index....did=1469459&pagenumber=1&msgcount=3&subpage=1

Well my order finally shows shipped 2 days after the item was showing in stock using the 'check stock' feature on their website. I would probably order from them again if it's a good deal and the item is in stock. I don't know if they normally take a few days to fill orders even on in stock items but I was getting a little worried about this order not being updated after the item showed in stock.

I take it back. I will never order from NCIXUS.com again. Despite the fact that I usd the US site and the item was quoted in USD I was charged in Canadian dollars and so it was a 'foreign currency' purchase on my CC so there was a currency convesion charge. I could have gotten it cheaper from the company direct website :rolleyes: Not a happy camper

I take it back. I will never order from NCIXUS.com again. Despite the fact that I usd the US site and the item was quoted in USD I was charged in Canadian dollars and so it was a 'foreign currency' purchase on my CC so there was a currency convesion charge. I could have gotten it cheaper from the company direct website :rolleyes: Not a happy camper

YGPM

NCIXUS

When I went directly to there site every thing was in dollers
I avoid non us sites
Someone posted NCIXUS is the New egg of canada
Last look at NCIXUS forms showed 7000 Views for 3 Replies
http://forum.ncix.com/forums/index....did=1469459&pagenumber=1&msgcount=3&subpage=1
7000 Views has to be 1000 back orders
They may have sold more cards then evga step up had gonig from 78 to 79
evga step took me 1 month with shiping
Never seen 7000 Views for 3 Replies
See what goes down at the end of the week

Mine wasn't for an 8800GT. eobard, I will reply to your PM soon. Sorry for the bad typos in my previous post I was writing it right before leaving for work. Since it is very hard for me to contact NCIX by phone I submitted an email question to them and right now I'll be calling AMEX and see what they say.

I'll also say that 'never order from them again' was OTT until I can see what resolution they might have for the issue. But this isn't really something that sits too well with me for the time being.

<3 Amex. Called the customer service line and explained, a little long-windedly haha, the guy got it though and adjusted my account balance for the overcharge amount of the foreign currency conversion. H said they will 'take care of th rest of it' as far as contacting NCIX, probably they'll get a hold of billing and work it out :shrug:

NCIX was not open today so no reply from them yet. I will be curious to see what they say, it's a pretty wierd situation given I have my printed receipt from the US site that says $x USD. I will PME eobard and maybe post a new thread when I get more info.

Back