• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EK or DD GPU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Godfather1138

I'm about ready to buy my GPU blocks and want to go with a nice full coverage solution. I will be running 2 EVGA 7900gs ko cards and am trying to decide between the DD koosah and the Ek-FC79.

So what do you guys thing, or are there better blocks I should be looking at?

Ek blocks. Though I would get swfitech or dtek gpu only block becasue lets face it 7900 is not a top dog and these blocks can be used on newer cards.

I vote for a GPU block + sinks to accommodate for future upgrades.

But to answer your question, yes, the EK blocks are much better than the DD blocks.

Here is the deal guys, yes they are "dead" but they are new to me, and will be in my system for a while. I prefer the full coverage mainly due to the clean instillation. These are going in my clear case so looks are kind of important.

I agree that better cooling, and a little money can be saved, by going with a GPU only but I'd rather not for this one.

Thanks on the input on the EK blocks. I haven't heard much about them, but they looked well made.

ya i like the look over gpu and ram sinks. once i get my full gaming pc built i will pickup either a ek wave block or a swiftech stealth. i really like the look of the ek but i want to have as much swiftech as possible.

Here is the deal guys, yes they are "dead" but they are new to me, and will be in my system for a while. I prefer the full coverage mainly due to the clean instillation. These are going in my clear case so looks are kind of important.

I agree that better cooling, and a little money can be saved, by going with a GPU only but I'd rather not for this one.

Thanks on the input on the EK blocks. I haven't heard much about them, but they looked well made.

Full coverage blocks are pricey though and are usually card specific. Seriously get a couple of Maze4s or Maze5s since you can later use them with 8800GTs when you decide to upgrade.

For about the price of two full coverage blocks you can buy 1 8800GT which should be better than 2 7900s (plus it's DX10 ready).

Back