• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can i use 6mm tubing with dtek fuzion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oc1Kenube

Got a koolance exos and im looking to build a custom water setup piece by piece and sell the exos eventually, so will the 6mm tubing on the exos fit if not can you reccommend a block as an alternative?

TBH. I would just use it and save up for a proper watercooling set up 6mm that's tiny :eek:

TBH. I would just use it and save up for a proper watercooling set up 6mm that's tiny :eek:

No, really though!

Why do you think i said im buying a custom wc setup piece by piece, ffs why do people not read posts correctly?

I didnt ask for the exos to be slated or ridiculed i am aware of what it is and as such am taking appropriate steps to convert to a full custom setup, so, will the dtek fuzion work with 1/4" tubing or not?

Thank's in advance to anybody who actually responds with a straight forward answer or an alternative block that can be used with 1/4" or 1/2" later on. Lee :beer:

I know my Apogee GT came with 1/4" barbs. So I assume Swiftech believes it will work that small diameter tubing. However the Fuzion comes with either 1/2" or 3/8" barbs, no 1/4".

As for performance, I doubt anyone would be able to tell you how well running a modern block with 1/4" tubing will work.

Good luck :)

You are going to get hit HARD on preformance with 1/4 tubing. The restricted flow is going to be the biggest drawback, IF you are dtermined to stick with the Exos be sure to get barbs that will fit it AND figure out what barbs you will want later on as well.

I was hoping there was a typo when I read the headline.

I think the pump will be more of an issue than the 1/4 inch tubing. That block needs some flow and I do not think the exos pump has it in it.

I didnt even think of that.

Last edited:
I think the pump will be more of an issue than the 1/4 inch tubing. That block needs some flow and I do not think the exos pump has it in it.

Again to all, i realise the limitations and i qoute, i am selling the exos! but not until i have all the parts to make a custom 1/2" all singing all dancing cooling setup, STARTING with the cpu block i dont have a bracket for my koolance block, if i did i would use that. Seeing as how i am going the custom route rather than the all in one eventually, i see no point spending money on a bracket that could be better spent on the first piece my new wc jigsaw ie the new water block, i can ill afford to buy all the parts i need at once so this is just a a temporary measure.

Or can anyone help me make ghetto mod bracket for 775 board, all ideas appreciated o already heave u120e backplate

what people are saying is that the eos is not powerful enough to use any other block and your just ignoring them...

Back