• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MAZE4 Fit the 8800GT series?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alien1099

I saw on DD's website that the MAZE5 fits the 8800GT, but how about the MAZE4? Aren't they pretty much the same block with a different interior? Is there any difference? The only thing is I know I'd have to order the 4 rod attachment/backplate since I only have the diagonal 2 rod attachment setup.

Last edited:
Judging by the general consensus that the 8800GT will use the same bolt pattern found on the 8600 series, then the Maze5 should fit.

Good luck,

bryan d

Judging by the general consensus that the 8800GT will use the same bolt pattern found on the 8600 series, then the Maze5 should fit.

Good luck,

bryan d

I know about the Maze5 (see my post). I was asking about the Maze 4. I found out elsewhere that it will. Thanks though. :p

I know about the Maze5 (see my post). I was asking about the Maze 4. I found out elsewhere that it will. Thanks though. :p

I was wondering the same thing today as I was at Microcenter in Atlanta. I opted to buy a new MCW60 as they were surprisingly only $40 there.

So the same 4 bolt hold down kit on the Maze4 acetal for the 7900GT will work with the 8600 and 8800 cards?

I was wondering the same thing today as I was at Microcenter in Atlanta. I opted to buy a new MCW60 as they were surprisingly only $40 there.

So the same 4 bolt hold down kit on the Maze4 acetal for the 7900GT will work with the 8600 and 8800 cards?

Apparently, yes. :) The 7 series 4 bolt attachment is the same as the 8600 and 8800GT series.

My 4 bolt kit should be in tomorrow. I just screwed up when I ordered my Maze4 last year and specified the 2 bolt kit which actually worked, but 4 > 2! I have some massive heatsinks for the RAM on the card so I should be good to go.

The Swiftech block is nice because it has that interchangeable plate. Definitely a great deal for only $40.

I also ordered some of the 70CFM Yate Loon fans for my Thermochill PA120.3 to help keep things a bit cooler. Can't wait till they get here so I can set everything up tomorrow.

Last edited:
Well I installed my Maze4 on the 8800GT. Didn't have to change anything or unhook any tubing from when it was on my 7950GT. I'd just left the block hanging while the 8800GT was on air cooling the past few days. Took the GPU down from 80°C load to 40° load! :eek: Idles at 35°C. I have a 120mm fan suspended by thin insulated wire from the card that blows onto it to cool off the chips which are now not cooled by the stock HSF. I have the clock up to 762MHz with 0 artifacts and I've got the shader clock at 1800 and RAM up to 1005. Runs beautifully.

case00.jpg

Last edited:
FANTASTIC!

What CPU are you running with that setup?

An opteron 170 but I can't get the blasted thing to run reliably/stable past 2400MHz. I can boot at 2600 or even 2700, but I'll get blue screens in Window after a short time. :cry: I've tried screwing with it quite a bit. I dunno if the CPU just wasn't very OC'able or my RAM sucks (which it kinda does) or perhaps my DFI board has something wrong with it. :confused:

Back