• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Final List Of Watercooling Parts Ready To Buy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Elluzion

My List of Water Cooling Parts:

CPU Block: D-tek FuZion CPU Water Block
Pump: Swiftech MCP655™ 12 VDC Pump (Question: Should I get the one with or without the speed controller? the one without is $10 cheaper. Does this matter?)
Radiator: Swiftech MCR320-QP-K Triple 120mm Radiator
Tubing: Tygon R3400 7/16in. ID 9/16in. OD
Liquid: Distilled Water and Antifreeze
Reservoir: Swiftech MCRES-Micro

Anything I should change here before I start ordering? This is to cool a Q6600 G0, may add a GPU block in the future.

Thanks

If you are going to cool a G0 Q6600, I don't see why you would want to slow the pump down with a controller. Those Quads need all the cooling you can throw at them, IMO. So I think the pump without the controller would be fine and save you $10. Since you are going with the black Tygon I don't see the need for the antifreeze in the loop either. If you are worried about bacteria, just add a little iodine to the loop. But pure water cools better than a water/antifreeze mix, IMO. But the parts selection looks good to me. :thup:

For the fans that I put on the radiator, I was looking at Yate Loons. Which ones would be the best to use?

70cfm?
80cfm?
or 47cfm?

open or closed? (<does that matter?)

1more thing, how many feet of tubing should I need. I am using a full tower case....

Last edited:
i plan on getting 10 feet for my rig once i get the proper components. it allows for any mistakes, not that there will be any:). i would get the 88CFM fans from yate loon.

^thanks for the info. I will get the 88cfm fans :D about to order most of the stuff.

I'm gnna go with 6 feet of tubing, possibly 7. im not sure lol...

well since your going with tygon (assuming that from your other thread) i wouldnt get a full 10 either. i to have a full tower case but i'm getting clearflex. if i can get this job i'm after i should be able to get the rest of my system going, though i will have to wait for the new quads from intel to come out first. if i get the water cooling stuff i want it will cost about 400-450 if i order it all from performance pcs.

don't forget to take lots of pictures!

well since your going with tygon (assuming that from your other thread) i wouldnt get a full 10 either. i to have a full tower case but i'm getting clearflex. if i can get this job i'm after i should be able to get the rest of my system going, though i will have to wait for the new quads from intel to come out first. if i get the water cooling stuff i want it will cost about 400-450 if i order it all from performance pcs.

don't forget to take lots of pictures!

ight. I think im gnna go with 7feet for the tubing :D

Yeah Im not sure if I'm gnna wait for the new quads or just get a Q6600.. its really hard to decide... :( wow thats an expensive water cooling system. Mine will be about $200 . but thats just to cool the cpu. $300 if the gpu was in their too.

Yeah my build is gnna be sweet and im doing some metal fabrication :D I will do a log, I will start it on the 21st or so... look out for it :D

4 sure. i was going to do a full water block but i think i will go to gpu only for pure performance. also i had panaflows (16.95 a fan) but i changed to yate loons since i found out there fastest fan does 88CFM. also i'm getting a MCR120 and MCR220 instead of a MCR320. i will set the loop up as such; PUMP>220RAD>CPU>120RAD>GPU>RES>PUMP, etc.

Last edited:
^oh ok that scool. Sounds like a good loop to me.

here's what I just bought, more to come later:

SKU3320. Swiftech MCR320-QP-K Triple...
SKU3958. Tygon R-3400 7/16" ID 9/16"...
SKU_1957. Arctic Silver 5 thermal com...
SKU1401. YATE LOON 120mm Case Fan - ...
SKU_2867. 120mm Black wire fan grill
SKU3298. Fan Screw Black - 24 Pack

Hey should I get filters on my radiator fans (the 3 yate loons?)
the case that i am getting has 2 filters on the front 2 fans and 1 on the back fan. Are filters a waste???

i would go to a local hardware store and pick up some thin foam if your house is really dusty. i should probably do the same with my side 250mm fan. doesn't help that i have a giant unfinished window mod on my side panel. here is my case :)

just wondering where did you order your parts?

wont the thin foam block a lot of the air flow? i am saying is it worth it to have a filter? i would probably do a compressed air clean of all parts in my pc about every 2 weeks...

I ordered my parts from jab-tech.com

^they have the cheapest prices for water cooling goodies :D

wont the thin foam block a lot of the air flow? i am saying is it worth it to have a filter? i would probably do a compressed air clean of all parts in my pc about every 2 weeks...

If you're really gonna clean it every 2 weeks and the room isn't super dusty, then there's no reason for the filter. It can hamper flow a lot. Instead of foam, a microfilter, like used in cars, is an option too btw.

well it is a bit dusty in my room, so Im not sure what to do. I hate dust...

is the best way to clean blow the dust with air and then suck it up with a mini hose???

well it is a bit dusty in my room, so Im not sure what to do. I hate dust...

is the best way to clean blow the dust with air and then suck it up with a mini hose???

Your room and my house both...

I take my PC outside and blow it out with my small air compressor and then just wipe the hard surfaces. I don't use fan foam filters, but I do have thin mesh screen in front of my fans to keep out hair and such (my wife and daughter both have long hair and it is incredible how much they shed). It is the same kind of fiberglass mesh that you use to screen in a porch. It also keeps out the majority of dust without being too restrictive. I blow mine out every few weeks or so.

Yeah well the only thing is that I don't know how I would fit that in because I have my fans connected to my pc, which is connected to my radiator. Not much room in between, and I hve a fan grill on top..

i meant this kind of foam,
TF_Foam_zoom_Big.jpg

like the black foam but a thin (1/8") slice of it. my case came with them and i have good temps/airflow. i think my last total for fans was 9.
Intake:
250mm-side
120mm-front

Exhaust:
80mm-rear
135mm-psu
80mm-psu

inside:
92mm-cpu
92mm-GPU
60mm-voltage regulators
40mm-northbridge

NOTE: when you clean the rad careful not to use to high a psi as you can bend the fins.

Back