• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a New Mobo! Any Suggestions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NovaCX12

Registered
Well, I want to get a new case and motherboard that will support my existing hardware. I would prefer a motherboard w/o all the built in sound, etc. I would like to start overclocking my P3 1Ghz because my current dell mobo won't let me.:mad: I am looking for a mobo that will *possibly* allow me to use the new Tualatin or Celeron CPU's. Thanks.:)

I'm not trying to be a smart *** here, but you might want to post this in the "Intel" or "AMD" motherboard forums :) . Chances are you would get a better answer.

Later and welcome to Overclockers :)

Thanks, i was gonna do that, but nowadays..there are different chipset and brands. I thought i would try my luck here and just hope for the best.:)

NovaCX12 said:
Thanks, i was gonna do that, but nowadays..there are different chipset and brands. I thought i would try my luck here and just hope for the best.:)

The "Intel" and "AMD" in the titles of those forums don't denote motherboard manufacturers. They're simply there so we know which CPU platform the motherboards support. Definitely check one or both out. Many of us rarely come up here in GD so you'll find a ready audience down there.

Yea, Dell contracts Intel to make their mobos so they aren't OCable. However, the Intel Motherboard section is devoted to Intel, Asus, Abit, Tyan, and any other motherboard that supports an Intel processor, regardless of manufacturer or chipset. Don't get me wrong, I like my Dell, its a great computer, rock stable, probably the best branded computer you can get... as long as you're not an overclocker. I have my Dell that I tinker with as little as possible (I put in the TB Santa Cruz card and the DVD-ROM, that's all), and my homebuilt system that I built gradually as I got the funds for it, and THAT'S the system I mess with.

Abit ST6-R it wil support tualatins, ocs very nicely and is pretty stable and has raid if you ever wanna upgrade, all for 85$....

funnyperson1 said:
Abit ST6-R it wil support tualatins, ocs very nicely and is pretty stable and has raid if you ever wanna upgrade, all for 85$....

lol, just replied a little to early to catch funnyperson, yes, I'd second the ST6-R. I have the non-tually equipped version of this, the SA6-R. Wonderfully stable board.

Gigabyte makes a few boards to consider too; the GA-60XET and GA-60XET-C are basically the same board and are highly overclockable. The main differences between the 2 boards is the loss of 1 dimm slot to three, no Creative hardware sound chip and no dual bios on the C version.

Back