• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a New Mobo! Any Suggestions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NovaCX12

Registered
Well, I want to get a new case and motherboard that will support my existing hardware. I would prefer a motherboard w/o all the built in sound, etc. I would like to start overclocking my P3 1Ghz because my current dell mobo won't let me. I am looking for a mobo that will *possibly* allow me to use the new Tualatin or Celeron CPU's. Thanks.

Your best bet would be to go to the mobo sites and have a look through what they offer. Try Epox , Asus, Abit, MSI and Gigabyte. There is usually a link for reviews as well. Sorry I couldn't be more specific but I'm not too familiar w/ intel boards.

Dr.

Since you have a Dell, you may also need to purchase a new case since the opening behind the case where you put the I/O shield in is smaller than the standardized I/O shields. I had this problem with my Dell system and was forced to purchase a new case.

As for mobo selection, if you are looking for a mobo that supports tualatin, you'll want to look at these because they seem to be the most popular boards for Tualation-based chips. Mind you, all of them, if I remember, have onboard audio, but can be disabled in the bios.

ABit ST6
ABit VH6T

ASUS TUSL2-C

Gigabyte GA-60XET
Gigabyte GA-60XET-C

id put the Gigabyrtes at the top the special PLL allows you to keep the PCI bus almost in spec no matter what the bus speed is......do no get the TUSL2-C my dad and i still havent been able to install the ATA drivers, or the ones that came with the mobo without crashing the computer completey...

I think for now, the ST6 is the best choice. At this point, I don't think you want to count on the XET/XET-C just yet unless your PCI components crap out with a higher fsb and you want to push the darn thing as far as it can go.

Back