• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A liquified Christmas?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Apogee GT is compatible with AM2 through an additional hold-down plate, which is included with the bundle. All you have to do is replace the standard on with the AM2 one when you receive it.

What are you hoping your gains are going to be? I know you are thinking about them since that is the only benefit it gives you.

What are you hoping your gains are going to be? I know you are thinking about them since that is the only benefit it gives you.

I want about same cooling properties as my Tuniq Tower 120.

The reason is, I want to be able to close my case ;) .. Oh, and for future CPU upgrades, I will probably be able to gain more.

MCP 655
Apogee GT
BlackIceGT 240
Resivoir
10ft tubing
Swiftech RadBox To hook onto my 120mm exhaust slot

Hmm, that's my list so far...
Is that all I need??? Is the set-up any good???
I already have 2 120mm fans.

Oh, umm, what type of liquid should I get to fill it up??? (Preferably from the same site,or newegg)
Please look for any tubing size errors.

Please respond quickly, because I need this list to be done relatively s00n!

Last edited:
MCP 655
Apogee GT
BlackIceGT 240
Resivoir
10ft tubing
Swiftech RadBox To hook onto my 120mm exhaust slot

Hmm, that's my list so far...
Is that all I need??? Is the set-up any good???
I already have 2 120mm fans.

Oh, umm, what type of liquid should I get to fill it up??? (Preferably from the same site,or newegg)
Please look for any tubing size errors.

Please respond quickly, because I need this list to be done relatively s00n!
Looks good except for 3 things...
  1. Get the Swiftech MCR-220 radiator instead on that one. Much better for the money.
  2. Get Swiftech Hydrx mixed with some distilled water. Works wonders.
  3. If you really want the best water block, you really can't beat the D-Tek Fuzion, especially if you are gonna get a quad-core. But the Apogee GT is just fine.

Looks good except for 3 things...
  1. Get the Swiftech MCR-220 radiator instead on that one. Much better for the money.
  2. Get Swiftech Hydrx mixed with some distilled water. Works wonders.
  3. If you really want the best water block, you really can't beat the D-Tek Fuzion, especially if you are gonna get a quad-core. But the Apogee GT is just fine.

I would get the MCR-220, but, "Quantity Out of stock"
And, the swiftech Hydrx, I would like to be able to get everything from ONE site... so, darn... Is there anything on there that looks good?
As for the D-Tek, I really don't want to spend $20 for 1*C..

Cheers. Ordered something one night, next day a CS rep called me because my credit address didn't exactly match my billing (needed a space). The guys are really great:beer:
Dan

Edit: Oh wait, you mean sidewinder or Petra's? Both are great, I like Petra's because thats a character in enders game...

Apogee GT
MCR220
Resivoir
10ft tubing
Swiftech RadBox

Oh and don't forget MCP655-b Chose the B version because I don't think the speed adjuster is really worth it. Also get some hose clamps.

Good site, might also try petrastechshop.com.
Dan

Hmm, completely switched sites on me eh? ;)

Ok, I have a few questions now.
#1 Does that tubing have the ability to be transported through a PCI Slot?
#2 Yellowhello, is this hydrx you were talking about? Also, what color is HYDRX? I have a blue and black theme going on in my computer.
#3 We all good now?

Ok, I have a few questions now.
#1 Does that tubing have the ability to be transported through a PCI Slot?
#2 Yellowhello, is this hydrx you were talking about? Also, what color is HYDRX? I have a blue and black theme going on in my computer.
#3 We all good now?
  1. No, that tubing's a bit thick for a PCI slot.
  2. Yes that's the Hydrx I'm talking about... Hydrx is green, so I guess it doesn't go with your build...
  3. Check your PM box.

this hydrx you were talking about? Also, what color is HYDRX? I have a blue and black theme going on in my computer.
#3 We all good now?

yup thats the swiftech stuff. i too have a black and blue theme and unfortunately its a uv green.

1. No, that tubing's a bit thick for a PCI slot.
  2. Yes that's the Hydrx I'm talking about... Hydrx is green, so I guess it doesn't go with your build...
  3. Check your PM box.

What if I downgraded the OD to 5/8in. instead of 11/16in? That's a whole 1/16in right there ;). But, would the 5/8in. be able to fit through? The way I planned for the tubes to get to the rad. was by going out the PCI slots because well, I am no modder... hehe... (And the fact I don't want to screw up this case)

How does Fesser 1 F1 coolant look to you? Does basically the same thing as HYDRX right? just a bit.. more expensive... (When you gotta theme, you gotta theme)

Also, I have another question.. (stupid newb and his questions) If I decide to get this Fesser F1 stuff, would I just dump in the bottle, or would I need distilled water and stuff like that???

What if I downgraded the OD to 5/8in. instead of 11/16in? That's a whole 1/16in right there ;). But, would the 5/8in. be able to fit through? The way I planned for the tubes to get to the rad. was by going out the PCI slots because well, I am no modder... hehe... (And the fact I don't want to screw up this case)

How does Fesser 1 F1 coolant look to you? Does basically the same thing as HYDRX right? just a bit.. more expensive... (When you gotta theme, you gotta theme)

Also, I have another question.. (stupid newb and his questions) If I decide to get this Fesser F1 stuff, would I just dump in the bottle, or would I need distilled water and stuff like that???
  1. 5/8in. is bigger than 1/2in. by 1/16in.... a little math for you right there. :p I think 3/8in. tubing fits, but I can't be sure...
  2. That coolant doesn't look that great. Check out the Pentosin G11, that stuff it blue and loads better than that stuff.
  3. And yes, you can use that Fesser F1 stuff straight out of the bottle, no addition mixing required.
  4. Check your PM box.

1/2 is the ID, I believe he was speaking of the OD of 11/16 vs 5/8. And no, 5/8 does not fit through the PCI slots (check with measuring tape). The best way is to get a 1" holesaw (drill bit that drills a hole) and then get a rubber grommet to cover sharp edges of the hole, looks clean and all. or you could cut off one of the PCI slot dividers an run the tubing through that.
Dan

1/2 is the ID, I believe he was speaking of the OD of 11/16 vs 5/8. And no, 5/8 does not fit through the PCI slots (check with measuring tape). The best way is to get a 1" holesaw (drill bit that drills a hole) and then get a rubber grommet to cover sharp edges of the hole, looks clean and all. or you could cut off one of the PCI slot dividers an run the tubing through that.
Dan

Can't I just "Make it Fit" through the pci slot?

As for the coolant.. Just name the best one, stats wise.... Clear or Blue (preffered) If not, as long as it don't look completely.. odd..

Can't I just "Make it Fit" through the pci slot?

As for the coolant.. Just name the best one, stats wise.... Clear or Blue (preffered) If not, as long as it don't look completely.. odd..
  1. Don't force it, you risk crimping to tubing.
  2. I already said, Pentosin G11 (it's blue)

Back