• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fry's Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Caust1c

Anyone ever had trouble with Fry's and different shipping/mailing addresses? They canceled my order because of this. >=( :mad: I had to call in and verify my order just for them to ship it. Talk about a hassle. I had to call like 3 different numbers just for a simple order.

How did you pay? If by CC, that is actually a security measure. If someone steals your card (and info), they can't ship it anywhere else but to your house.

I don't see why it is not worth the "hassle" to save yourself the hassle of getting your card info stolen.

I've gone through that and I admire that they do it.

How did you pay? If by CC, that is actually a security measure. If someone steals your card (and info), they can't ship it anywhere else but to your house.

I don't see why it is not worth the "hassle" to save yourself the hassle of getting your card info stolen.

I've gone through that and I admire that they do it.

Yes I understand but they waited a day to send me the cancellation notice and then I had to call multiple times to verify that I was the proper owner. I guess it's worth it because of the great deal I got. But it was a much bigger hassle than it needed to be. I mean, the first rep. could have just connected me straight to the one that takes care of billing. Anyways, I had to gripe somewhere. =P Its good to know its not just me however. ;)

BTW: I love Fry's, it's just my first time ordering from them online.

Thanks

I have ordered through Outpost before. For me it was painless. I just don't like how slow the store is online. Like wearing stone shoes in molasses. When I did call, it seemed like the rep was oozing it from his ears. I did get my order going. So far the product i ordered like 4 years ago is still working alright and in service. The calling center is not very efficient when your trying to get things done.

I guess after that time a few years ago, when they were having serious near illegal billing issues. Someone finally got around to getting it right. Or at least do it where they are scared of the AG going after them again.

I am glad they do this. Even if it is something of a hassle. I have, though, had a vendor actually call me to get the verification process rolling. I thought that that was nice.

Back