• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

(8800GT) Aqua-Computer Block

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d94

$30 a phone
Thought this would interest you guys since I know some of you are designing your own blocks for the GT.

Taken from O-C-3-D news article:
Author: Matthew Fogg
Published: 11/09/2007

Aqua-Computer Release the Aquagrafx G92 for 8800GT

German based water-cooling hardware manufacturer Aqua-Computer have released a full-cover water block for the NVIDIA 8800GT (G92). Not surprisingly the water block is called the Aquagrafx G92 and weighs in at only 480 grams.

Despite the low height of about 6 mm the cooler with its 17 mm of broad channels reaches a good flow which is not narrowed by the G1/4 connections either. An effortful cooling structure which guarantees an optimal heat removal is over the GPU.

The graphics processor, the RAM as well as the 10 voltage regulators are cooled, in which furthermore another three voltage regulators which are not fitted on the current card are also cooled.
The Aquagrafx G92 will be available in two styles:
* Copper base and high-grade steel top;
* Copper base and plexiglass top.

The plexiglass top will have G1/4 threads so that the connections can also be fitted above the block.

The Aquagrafx G92 is available for pre-order now for 79.90 euros ($116 USD), but shipping will not start until approximately 10 days time.

The images included below are of a prototype. Production blocks will feature a better quality finish and engraving on the top of the block.

09123514347l.jpg

09123513479l.jpg

09123513674l.jpg

They don't show that part for a reason... :p

Definitely not for secrecy seeing as there's a plexi top version on the way ;). It's probably because people would poo poo it for being another cast copper block, with an inferior design to the EK, like *cough*Danger Den*cough* did with their last full cover block.

Even if it's not that, that block is pretty thin.

It's pretty sexy, but I'd agree that it's thin. I'd still go with MCW60 and separate ramsinks though.

Well it looks hot as sin. I wonder if the promised engraving will mess up the looks or add to it.

And is it just me or is that a little steep on the price side?

last i checked full cover blocks run right about that much =/
which sucks...because ill probably be buying one lol

EK posted internal pics of this block and his upcoming block on XS and his block will beat this hands down.

I personally will stick with my new MCW60 that I just got for $40.

The thin factor is not an issue at all, as long as the water channels are wide :D

(meaning that the cross-sectional area will be large)

Thats not really what we're concerned with, the bigger issue is that the fins over the contact patch will be basically for show since they'll be so thin (basically more of a flow restriction than anything).

Which looks better (we already know which performs better ;))

FC8800a.jpg

or

IMGP1962.JPG

Thats not really what we're concerned with, the bigger issue is that the fins over the contact patch will be basically for show since they'll be so thin (basically more of a flow restriction than anything).

Which looks better (we already know which performs better ;))

http://ekwaterblocks.com/shop/images/FC8800a.jpg

or

http://www.auction-junkie.com/pcstuff/dd8800/IMGP1962.JPG

The guys at AC probably have degrees and lots of experience, but hell I think I could design a lot better block than that and I'm just your run of the mill amateur. It seems like the Euro stuff (besides EK) in general goes for looks a lot more than performance/practicality.

Back