• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

why do you modify and overclock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

geofrancis

i find people modify there pc for different reasons.

i always try to get the fastest possible pc for the smallest amount of money and overclocking is a big help doing that. if i was wanting a 3ghz core 2 duo there is no way i could afford a 300$ cpu or 1ghz ddr2. so i buy a low end cpu and 800mhz ram and overclock the hell out of it. the extra cooling and fans still cost no where neer what a 3ghz cpu would cost me.

why do you modify/OC your pc?

To get more performance, and thus quicker WU completion times, from running distributed computing projects such as folding@home and seti@home.

1. Performance (games, encoding, etc)
2. More PPD for Folding @ Home (Team 32 of course :D)
3. Saving a bit of cash.

In that order.

cause its fun to push hardware to the limits. esp when you bought the cheap stuff!

I do alot of video encoding, so I OC to get it done as fast as possible.

I mod coz I am sick in the head!

I don't anymore because I realized it was an intense waste of money and I wasn't gratified. Overclocking, volt modding, buying, and killing my hardware became an end in and of itself.

LEGOs were my favorite toy as a child (still are :D) so now I have this problem of not being able to leave anything stock. I'm the same way with my cars, guns, and other recreational items (game systems and such).

Back