• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P35 or 680i?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mike521

I'm planning on getting an e6750 in a few weeks, and I saw another thread here mentioned that the P35 chipset is good. No one seems to mention the 680i. Does it suck?

reason I ask is cause I'm getting an nvidia video card so I'd guess that the chipset by nvidia will agree with it more so than others, but maybe that's irrelevant

so does 680i suck, should I go with the P35 such as this - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813127030

thanks!

the card will agree with any pci-e slot that really makes no difference.
if your not going sli and you like to OC go with a p35

hmm ok thanks!

I don't care at all about SLI, as for overclocking I won't be doing anything hard core. I might dabble a bit, but as soon as I get one system freeze I'll put everything back to stock and be happy with it

so sounds like either board will be fine for me. I'll flip a coin lol

p35 then either a IP35-E or IP35...if you wind up looking at just the IP35 then look at the pro version then. at newegg you get a $20mir making the pro $20 more then the ip35.

right now for under $100 the IP35-E is it,IMO. it use to be gigabyte but now that prices have dropped a bit more on the ip35's, i see no reason to go with gigabyte.

If you aren't overclocking, or at least not much, then it really doesn't matter. Advantages of the 680i are underclocking memory (you can use cheaper memory when overclocking) and SLI. Without one of those aspects driving me I would follow Evilsizer's suggest and look for a reasonably priced P35 board. :beer:

Back