• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5K Prem 1.6 Vcore max

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dawgdoc

Wassup with that?

I know its not safe to run insanely high volts for Vcore, esp on air as I do, but the BIOS settings are there.

My P5K premium wont let me. Anything over 1.6V it gives me an overvolt error.

How do I give my CPU more juice?

I NEED MORE POWER SCOTTY!!!!! WARP SPEED!!!!

LOL the way to fix that is either hit the F1 key when you see the warning during POST (to ignore and continue) or better yet, enter BIOS and under Hardware Monitoring hilight vcore and set it to ignored :D

TY Maxi :)

You are da man as usual.

Ill give it a go later when the kids let me touch my computers LOL...

Just outta curiosity, is it INSANELY bad to run more than 1.6Vcore ona air (TRUE 120) for short periods of time for some benches.

I can allllllmost.......allllllmost get my q6600 to boot to windows with 1.6V for 4.3 Ghz....but I BSOD on the last portion of the boot. Im fairly certain its a voltage related phenomenon.

Im able to get decent benches for most things that are respectable scores and at least SOME hwbot points, but the SPi 1M grouping is INSANELY competative for Q6600s.......Im at 12.3 secs (need to submit still) but I dont think im gonna get any points outta that.

I think at 4.35 Ghz and OCing the memory I should be able to break 12sec and maybe get a few points outta it.

Would it be stupid to try considering the volts I need?

On a different note, Im running 4gb RAM and I can OC it to about 1200 before I get into trouble. Im told this ram should be able to get 1300 fairly easily. Will I improve my SPi scores at all pulling 2 sticks and OCing the ram a little more?

Im assuming for everyday usage its FAR more important to have 100% more mem capacity, but for benching if I can shave 0.1 or 0.2 secs by OCing 2 gigs instead of 4 gigs its certainly easy enough to pull sticks and replace them later.

Thanks again!!

What are your ambient/vcore temps?
Did you try it with only 2x1 gig? I would think it would be more stable with 2 gigs instead of 4. At least it would be less of a load on the nb..

What are your ambient/vcore temps?
Did you try it with only 2x1 gig? I would think it would be more stable with 2 gigs instead of 4. At least it would be less of a load on the nb..

Havnt tried it with 2gigs yet. Will prob experiment tonight.

Ambient is about 70F.

Currently at my 24/7 OC of 450X8 and 1.38Vcore my idle CPU temp is about 37C, and my fully loaded P95 Vcore is about 63C.

When I boost Vcore to 1.6, Im running idle at about 50C, and I havnt looked closely at loaded temps yet.

I tried to get stable enough to at least boot to windows at 4.3 Ghz. Used 1.7 Vcore LOL....still could get into windows :(

Guess its just a pipe dream.

Back