• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Socket LGA775 Motherboards for P4 HT??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jbhaire2004

I am new to this forum and looking for a little guidance/assistance. I want to build a couple of new system and am having trouble locating a motherboard with the specs I am interested in.

I am looking for dual socket LGA775 motherboards. I have read about how they aren’t possible for the core 2 duo and core 2 quad cores. What about for the older Pentium 4 HTs?

In a perfect world I would use the Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz LGA 775 Processors on a dual processor board. Being that can’t be done I will build regular boxes with the Q6600’s. I would however, like to find a use for the P4 650s I already own. I figured a setup with dual 775 P4 650's would be well suited for a box to run virtual servers.

Any assistance or guidance would be appreciated.

LGA775 is a desktop socket, meaning now dual socket based boards. for dual socket based boards you need to look at LGA771 but the current cpu's you have will not work on those LGA771 boards.

sell those cpu's on Ebay then grab a Q6600! ;)

BTW :welcome: TO THE FORUMS!! :soda::soda:

Back