• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best x38 board !!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have maximus formula and I am really satisfied with its oc abilities. Im at 3.4 with a fsb of 1680, multi a 8.

I'm waiting for my 2nd rma, 3rd board.... Gigabyte x38-dq6. So I guess I couldn't recommend that one. I'd return it but it's not refundable. :bang head

wow ... very bad review for this board ... so i don t realy like asus board and i,m not very familiar with the gybabite ... and forget about msi ... so maybe some immature bios from abit ... i will wait a couple off mounth before switching to this board ... i saw some where some dfi x38 board ... so i'm not a big fan for dfi board but maybe they are gonna be a good board ... we will see !!!

IX38 QuadGT

I have the IX38 QuadGT after almost buying the Maximus Formula.

@ this moment in time i can say it's doing very well for me.
E6600, IX38, OCZ Ti Alpha PC8000, 8800 GTX

E6600 @ 3430 mhz @ 1.43v
DDR980 @ 4-4-4-15 @ 2.4v

The board is very stable, i didnt have any issues at all. See for yourself @ xtremesystems.org.

Everest is giving me 9200mb/s read 8800 mb/s write and 9023 mb/s copy
3dm06 @ 8800 gtx @ 625/1500/1000 = 13153 points

I think that this board will be very good when the bios matures.

Pro: build quality is ok, stable, uGuru overclocking in Windows, good memory performance
Con: Very little extra out of the box, no USB bracket, noting but IDE @ Sata cables.......

But PCIe 2.0, FSB 1600 and 45nm ready,

Last edited:
Welcome to this forum olliewbnn that is good news about your GT i think this will be a very good board just an immature bios at the moment.

Welcome to this forum olliewbnn that is good news about your GT i think this will be a very good board just an immature bios at the moment.

Yes, i already got the first beta after mailing Abit EU. After 24 hours they sent me 12B02.

Lets wait and see.....

Back