• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Intel Chip

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jim Morbid

Hey jim, as I have heard, this will be a good overclocker. I know that a few sites that I frequent have just received 45nm chips and will be testing their overclocking abilities in the next day or so. Make sure that you select a proper location for your threads though. If you put this thread in the CPU forum you will probably get more feedback!

Meh, feel so stupid now.

I though I was posting in CPU's but obviously I had too many tabs open.

If I mod see's this please move it to where it should be :)

Thanks,

JM

:( I'm showing my age here...

I'm seriously behind on the code names here so can someone give me a helping hand? Are Yorkshields the newest retail chips and are they the super energy efficient ones? And will the code name be different for the dual core (opposed to the quad core)?

Thanks,

JM

Penryn is the codename for the entire architecture, Wolfdale is the desktop dual-core, while Yorkfield is the desktop quadcore. Harpertown is the server quad-core, don't know what the server dual-core is called though. These are all 45nm chips using the hafnium hi-k metal gates rather than the silicon low-k gates and they are I believe ~30% more energy efficient when compared to equally clocked 65nm chips. Great overclockers and great non-overclocked chips, win-win situation.

wow that guy on the newegg review for the Qx processor was really bragging. Like "you don't have one, ha"

3 8800 ultras??? wow, what a spoiled bratt.

I'd buy one too, but I recently bought a Q6600, a bigger turbocharger, and paid this semester's school bill. I'm still waiting for my 2nd kidney to grow back after selling it to pay for everything this year :(

I wonder what the realisticly priced (non-QX) quad will go for. I think even the 45nm dual core might spank a Q6600 if its priced right...who wants 4ghz on air? :beer:

Back