• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ABIT IP-35 Pro !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maltese_falcon

Registered
Hi guys,

2 days ago I build a new computer consisting of the following specs:

Mobo: Abit Ip-35 Pro
CPU: Q6600
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Ultima-90
CPU Fan: Delta 120mm
RAM: 4GB GeIL DDR2 800HMz
HDD: 320G WD Sata
PSU: OCZ 780W Modular
VGA: BFG 8800GTS OC2 - 320MB
DVD Drive: LG 18x

The problem is that when I finished mounting the parts on my PC, it worked for 30mins after I restarted my PC after downloading XP Service Pack2. Then on the monitor nothing was displayed and after about 10 seconds PC switched off automatically and the LED on the mobo was giving me code error 8.7.

I browsed the Internet and tried everything:

- installing the CPU again;
- tried only with 1GB RAM;
- tried another PSU;
- re-plugged the ATX 24-pin on the mobo.

Yesterday it worked for 15 mins and then same thing happened --- error 8.7.

I was talking with some mates who are experienced with hardware and they know people who have experienced this error. They told me the problem may be that the motherboard is not compatible with the CPU because I bought the motherboard from the US and the CPU from the UK (overclockers.co.uk)

If I flash the BIOS as someone told me, will I solve this problem?

What do you guys think? I need help badly! :confused::bang head:drool:

Thanks a lot :)

Regards,
M.F.

Might need a new BIOS just flash it.

Hi mate thanks for the quick reply :) The problem is that nothing is being shown on the monitor therefore I can't flash it :( Sorry for the noob question but can you guide me how to flash the BIOS? All I know is that you need a floppy drive so that it can be written on it.

I'm sure that my VGA is good cause I have been using it during these last 8 months.

Also, can it be that the 120mm Delta fan mounted on the heatsink is causing vibration? Though I secured it with 4 zip/nlyon ties.

Thanks again.

Back