• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit IP35 Pro unable to change FSB????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

smudged

Hi All,

Got my new rig built...

ABit IP35-PRO
G0 Q6600
and some other stuff.

However, I am completely unable to set any FSB other than the default in the BIOS and Uguru does not run for me under Vista Ultimate 32 Bit.

The other Uguru options int eh BIOS appear to be working ok, IE voltages and Mem ratios.

Please can someone tell me if I am being thick or is this a legit problem?

The Bios was already the latest version but I have reflashed it and still no joy. I cant even select 133 FSB, whenever I save the changes and reboot, the entry goes back to "Mhz".....

its not a problem as this is the first i have read of any fsb ocing issues.... i would ask what ram ratio where you using when tring to go to 333. cause if your using the highest ratio your ocing you ram way to much. resulting in a reboot and going to default back to the last know good oc/settings.

When you say "Uguru does not run for me under Vista Ultimate 32 Bit"
Are you saying it wont install, or when installed it wont start, or when opened it wont change your fsb ?

I ask as I've installed the uguru that comes on the disk with your motherboard with both 32 and 64bit Vista and have had no issues with it.

its not a problem as this is the first i have read of any fsb ocing issues.... i would ask what ram ratio where you using when tring to go to 333. cause if your using the highest ratio your ocing you ram way to much. resulting in a reboot and going to default back to the last know good oc/settings.

I was trying 133 fsb (not a typo) to see if an underclock would work as I started to believe the change in FSB was not being saved.

I also have tried the lowest RAM ratio.

I can set the cpu multi and this saves ok.

When you say "Uguru does not run for me under Vista Ultimate 32 Bit"
Are you saying it wont install, or when installed it wont start, or when opened it wont change your fsb ?

I ask as I've installed the uguru that comes on the disk with your motherboard with both 32 and 64bit Vista and have had no issues with it.

I can install the program fine. It will not run, the app errors when I click on the .exe or shortcut to it.

I have tried to run it in XPsp2 compatibility mode (and all others) and I have also switched off UAC, i don't think it's not permissions.

Thanks for your reply.

hmm this is a bit backwards.....hmm im at a loss then with out being able to try it at home,still at work...

hmm this is a bit backwards.....hmm im at a loss then with out being able to try it at home,still at work...

I know, it's very odd this build has been a bit of a nightmare to be honest. I have tried other FSB's including 270 and 280 with the relevant RAM ratio to ensuire it is running well within spec.

One other thing I forgot to mention. If I clear the CMOS, at the first boot I get "CMOS Checksum error" the board also did this when I first booted it after the initial bulid.

However after I have been into the BIOS, the error will disappear again until I next clear the CMOS.... not good.

Thanks again.

i would try reflashing the bios... also since we cant select chipset dividers. ie 533/800/1066/1333 they are all set by the cpus fsb as detected on bootup. that maybe why your having issues underclocking it...

Well I have just installed XP and I still cannot get Uguru to run, it's installed ok bt the prog will not run.

I am completely unable to select any FSB manually without the entry in the BIOS reverting to "Mhz" after saving the settings.

Anyone got any ideas? I am starting to think the board is a dud.

board is not a dud, simply the fsb to chipset ratio is not lowering to allow you to underclock the fsb. then only thing i can really suggest is to lower the fsb to 200mhz and drop the multi to 6x.

board is not a dud, simply the fsb to chipset ratio is not lowering to allow you to underclock the fsb. then only thing i can really suggest is to lower the fsb to 200mhz and drop the multi to 6x.

Thanks again for replying and whilst I appreciate and understand what you are getting at in regard to lowering the FSB, I am unable to select ANY manual speed (eg 267, 270, 280, 333, 400). I can change the RAM ratio with no problems and it will happily run at over 1000Mhz DDR at relaxed timings.

Each and everytime I hit F10 to save the setting the very next boot I go back into the BIOS and the number is replaced with the abbreviation "Mhz" and the CPU is at stock.

I have never had a board that could not even handle a 1 Mhz FSB overclock, which is what makes me think there may be a problem with it.

What happens when you hit F8 for "overclock on the Fly?" I simply get an are you sure? message, which I say yes to and then a screen refresh with no differences to any settings..... is this normal?

no that not normal i have never gotten a error message. did you reflash the bios? i would suggest down flashing to a older one then go back to a newer one. as well i dont use the F10, i manually set fsb then save/exit from the bios. the only thing i can think of that would be wiping out the bios would be a bad cmos battier. take it out and let it sit for a bit with the cmos jummper in the normal postion then put the battier back in after about 15mins MIN.

also if you have a digi cam can you post pics of your bios for me? that way we/i can better see the problem your having in the bios.

no that not normal i have never gotten a error message. did you reflash the bios? i would suggest down flashing to a older one then go back to a newer one. as well i dont use the F10, i manually set fsb then save/exit from the bios. the only thing i can think of that would be wiping out the bios would be a bad cmos battier. take it out and let it sit for a bit with the cmos jummper in the normal postion then put the battier back in after about 15mins MIN.

also if you have a digi cam can you post pics of your bios for me? that way we/i can better see the problem your having in the bios.

I have not yet reflashed the BIOS but this is what I see:-
I select User Define and hit F10 to save (note the RAM ratio is low to rule that out as an issue)
IMG00011.jpg

PC reboots and I go back into the BIOS and this is what I see
IMG00012.jpg

If it was battery I would have thought all settings would be lost, however this is not the case.....

wow a 9.2ghz cpu, yea i see it is something with the dividers then... the only thing i can suggest if you want to lower the fsb is look at a AB9-PRO/AB9 Quad GT board since with those you can choose the chipset to fsb ratio.

i ment to try it on my system when i got home last night but i did a few posts then off to bed...

another thing if your using spec voltage for ddr2-800 say it calls for 2.1v and your underclocking the ram to that ddr2-5xx speed. lower the voltage to 1.85, yea that is weird your fsb speed is now just showing MHZ. did you reflash the board though? im still going back to the chipset/fsb ratio's as the reason why you can't go lower.

wow a 9.2ghz cpu, yea i see it is something with the dividers then... the only thing i can suggest if you want to lower the fsb is look at a AB9-PRO/AB9 Quad GT board since with those you can choose the chipset to fsb ratio.

i ment to try it on my system when i got home last night but i did a few posts then off to bed...

another thing if your using spec voltage for ddr2-800 say it calls for 2.1v and your underclocking the ram to that ddr2-5xx speed. lower the voltage to 1.85, yea that is weird your fsb speed is now just showing MHZ. did you reflash the board though? im still going back to the chipset/fsb ratio's as the reason why you can't go lower.

My goal here is not to go for a lower FSB specifically. The problem is I cannot change the FSB at all, either up or down. The lower FSB was simply a test to see if the CPU was preventing the change or the board
ie if 133x9 worked then i would know I simply cannot oc the cpu past 2.4 gig.

I have reflashed to 14 again but still no better. I am at a loss and I am thinking of contacting my reseller to see what my options are.

yea sorry i lost a bit of track with that... i would contact them and do a exchange...something with the bios chip it self is messed up not the bios programing then...

Just to update this thread in case someone else has similar issues. The board was RMA'd and fault confirmed. The new board reports the correct speed, the FSB can be set and uguru works fine now.

Thanks for the comments.

Back