• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus P5B-VM vs e6750. does it work?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

QPower

Registered
- Is that MOBO compatible with the E6750?

- Do I need a BIOS update to make it compatible?

That's all i need to know... thanks in advance for your kind answer. I'm on a big pinch and very annoyed about this mobo. doesn't post when i connect RAM+CPU (and the ram is just fine)

:( it didn't work...

Anyways here's the thing... the motherboard posts with a C2D E4300, but it doesn't post with a Pentium E2140 nor with my C2D E6750.

I popped in the E4300 flashed the Bios to using EASY FLASH 2 drive (utility that is inside the BIOS of the P5B) and a thumb drive with the BIOS 0804 from ASUS website (published on 07/18/2007)

Everything went smoothly, and the motherboad did a self reboot.

I swapped out the E4300 for my E6750, and again it didn't post. I'm starting to believe it is a bad chip (E6750) but it is extremely hard to RMA that chip, so I would really like to give it a go. I don't really have the E2140 readily available, it was a loan that i had to give back today.

My questions are... is there any specific Bios that I should use? Any other suggestions? All i have plugged is the power supply, the monitor, the CPU and one memory stick, I only plug the keyboard after it has posted.

nope... gonna do that now...

I know i should be in Asus Forum asking these questions but i just trust you guys much more than i trust Asus forums (or any other company except for DFI)... :)

i posted in asus formus once.... took 3weeks to get someone answer in my post...so i understand...

I kinda saw that in the ASUS website ... but I was hoping there was a way around it. Kinda like AMD 939 non-servers motherboards can support AMD 939 Opterons even when no company will ever provide official support or troubleshooting on non-server boards.

I mean I have the motherboard and the processor... so I might as well try what I can before I sell them (It isn't worth it for me to RMA the board).

I'll give it one more try tonight and see what i can come up with

well... i coudl but i don't live in the us... i´ll just sell the mobo and get a new one

Back