• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Replacement for 680i chipset?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eggtrade

Registered
Does anyone know if there is a replacement for the nForce 680i chipset coming out soon? It's been out a year, so surely something is due?

-Hopefully with DDR3 support aswell! (Not that I will be using DDR3 for another few months!)

There are already reference boards surfacing of the 7xx chipsets. You can find previews of them over at XS I think... Its been out a year without a replacement, so I think thats a testament to just how well it was designed in the first place. From hte preliminary reviews, the 780i doesn't seem to be leaps and bound of improvements over the 680i boards. Kinda like X38 and P35.

There are already reference boards surfacing of the 7xx chipsets. You can find previews of them over at XS I think... Its been out a year without a replacement, so I think thats a testament to just how well it was designed in the first place. From hte preliminary reviews, the 780i doesn't seem to be leaps and bound of improvements over the 680i boards. Kinda like X38 and P35.

Thanks - just found this thread at XS:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=164166

A luke warm reaction to it so far over at XS. Due sometime in December.

Back