• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help y'all Gigabyte GA-x38-dq6 or other?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Digital_Cowboy

I've not upgraded my pc since 2004 and I'm desperately trying to decide which motherboard I should get for my new rig i'm building. I'm putting a Core 2 Q6600, 4GB DDR2, 8800GT and new PC Power & Cooling 750 Silencer PSU. I've really been liking the Gigabyte GA-x38-dq6 and I don't mind paying that price for a good mobo, but i Don't really know what's out there and what's good. I've been thinking about the gigabyte board and maybe the Asus Stryker Extreme(rated tops in Maximum PC). So please help a man out. I'm looking for a good overclocking board with outstanding gaming performance and upgradeability (hence the lean toward the x38 chipset). I also need support for about 6 or more SATA HDDs and 2 x SATA Optical drives (another reason for the lean towards the gigabyte board). Thanks for the help in advance, folks.

well if you want X38 then wait a bit for some more of the boards to come out... other wise go with P35 based board... cheaper and still just as good at ocing... though i wonder why you choose the x38 if you only have a sinlge card? cause SLI isnt gonna happen any time soon on X38. now if you were going CF then X38 is the only choice...

For p35 based board Abit IP35-PRO! :)

hey in reply to your question go giga its been a great board for me i use the older dq6 before the x38 and it rocks overclocking mofo here. heard the x38 oc well. hope this helps:thup:

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 137
Thanks for the advice. I decided to go ahead and get the gigabyte GA-X38-DQ6 and I've just installed a fresh copy of Vista Ultimate x32. So far so good. I'm loving the speed increase over the rig in my sig. Also, with the Coolermaster Cosmos 1000 case and PCP&C 750 silencer quad, this thing puts out about 1/4 the noise that my other rig did and it is watercooled. I'm now in the market for a nice watercooling setup for this system...preferably like the one done in this year's Dream machine in maximum pc.

the ga-x38-dq6 is a nice board running nicely bit hard getting a high fsb with 4 sticks of memory but nothing a little tinkering wont sort out. managed to get 427fsb stable so far be wont put any more voltage in to try and get higher till ive replaced the cooler

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 95
Back