• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Memory brand

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[PCE]Overclocka

Registered
What is currently the best brand of memory?

Ay my local computer fair, there is Crucial,SpekTek(****),Kingston.

Kingston being the most exepnsive (PC133)

I like OCZ good quality and good speed at a good price. Usually cheapest ram but all hand picked chips.

Many people like Corsair but I prefer Mushkin. I have had my Mushkin pc2400 ddr running 157 fsb 222 timing for 4 months without a hitch so I am very satisfied. The highest I had the ram was 160 222 timing which gave my 1025 MB/Sec bandwidth in sandra.

m_mike_k said:
I' ve heard that Crucial is good. Although now the price has gone way up.

All memory has gone up. I would try Crucial, they are the best at performance and cost.

I have tried Kingston & Corsair both 256mb Cas2.
I 've been more pleased with the Corsair. (better performance)

crucial is good. the best thing that it has going for it is that you get free 2nd day shipping.

I think i know why Crucial's price is so damn high...they do commercials! oh, btw, i like kingmax the best, 160 222, 5/7 without a pause:D

Corsair, baby! Only have done 150fsb with it but that's with 3x256mb sticks! Pull 2 of 'em out and I bet I could hit 160+

Back