• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobo Recommendation for E6750

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

QPower

Registered
Since the MOBO i bought is too crappy for my E6750 I'm looking for a new one.

Any recommendations?

- 150-200$

- 100% functional without BIOS flash (meaning I don't need to update it to get it posting)

- Stock CPU (meaning no overclock or very little).

- Not picky about memory

- 1 PCI-e (though I preffer SLI support if it has 2 slots , don't plan on buying a 2nd card though)

- Integrated Wi-Fi (if posible)

Someone told me about the P5N32-E... but i don't know... what do you think?

Abit IP35-pro then just buy a wifi card.. no motherboard has integrated wireless nic's. a few asus one provide wireless nic's though... not really worth the added cost....

Since the MOBO i bought is too crappy for my E6750 I'm looking for a new one.

Any recommendations?

- 150-200$

- 100% functional without BIOS flash (meaning I don't need to update it to get it posting)

- Stock CPU (meaning no overclock or very little).

- Not picky about memory

- 1 PCI-e (though I preffer SLI support if it has 2 slots , don't plan on buying a 2nd card though)

- Integrated Wi-Fi (if posible)

Someone told me about the P5N32-E... but i don't know... what do you think?

GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R

in Toronto, and maybe elsewhere I cannot find the Asus P5K-E, just the P5K-E wifi AP. I'd bet its because the difference in price is negligible, so theres noone willing to stock both. I would say it is probably a very "healthy" product (Asus), but you'll have to check the price. I am not sure about the Gigabyte P35-DS3R and wifi, but it is competition that may be a little cheaper. One point being overclockability as a guaranteed must, ICH9R for RAIDability. The P5K... prices are based on all the others in the P5K lineup. I chose to buy the P5K-E wifi AP because its the cheapest P5K.... that comes with the ICH9R southbridge chip which does RAID, as opposed to the ICH9. Now if you know, can you tell me what the "AP" would stand for? Also what do I need for a second computer to get a wireless internet connection. I actually may need the wifi part of this board, but b/c of the price I got it for the RAID. Now I am curious what I bought. What does it have afa wifi is concerned, and what do I need for wi-fi on a second pc? This P5K-E wifi AP mobo is the main pooter I will have connected to a cable modem and a router, and I have cat5e cables to a few other rooms in this house which will have another pooter or two connected by cat5e cables to the same router as my main P5K-E wifi P. But I need a roaming wifi internet connection as well, and coincidently I now have this P5K-E wifi AP. So what do I do? What do I need to get? Thx, and sorry to edge in sideways here. It conmes with an antennae, so do I need just a wireless ethernet card? Is this the type of thing that can be sponged off by anyone in the area, unless I know security, or is it dedicated, any different, or thereby safer?

The Abit IP35-pro is a direct contender, with the other two I mentioned. I have had many Asus. othewise I would order it: abit, asus, gigabyte - but for an OCing E6750 with RAID - my soon to be cpu too. Never looked before too carefully, but the abit is more expensive.

us site not working for me now. afaik the K is for 1333 cpus. May be other, &/or cheaper (cos too)
http://ca.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=534

Last edited:
Awesome I was just going to post the exact same question. I currently have a crappy MSI board that I'm returning to Newegg, and I think I'll go for a P5K-E. Only $141+tax+shipping.

This is my first RMA to Newegg, so I'm wondering about their return policy. Anyone else have issues with having to pay the 15% re-stocking fee+tax+shipping? I mean I'm returning the board, and they want me to pay more then I bought it for. What is up with that?

The board is fully functional you cannot RMA it... if you send it back to the egg you have to pay the restocking fee, they chrage that 15% percent because they have to sell it at a lower price as an open box item.

Philp,

Just want to point out that there is a P5K-E AND the different P5K-E/WiFi-AP; just in case.

Awesome I was just going to post the exact same question. I currently have a crappy MSI board that I'm returning to Newegg, and I think I'll go for a P5K-E. Only $141+tax+shipping.

This is my first RMA to Newegg, so I'm wondering about their return policy. Anyone else have issues with having to pay the 15% re-stocking fee+tax+shipping? I mean I'm returning the board, and they want me to pay more then I bought it for. What is up with that?

Philp,

Just want to point out that there is a P5K-E AND the different P5K-E/WiFi-AP; just in case.

Oh darn. Thanks for the point out. This is a great forum. Other then the Wi-fi, what's the difference?

The board is fully functional you cannot RMA it... if you send it back to the egg you have to pay the restocking fee, they chrage that 15% percent because they have to sell it at a lower price as an open box item.

Howabout the taxes? When I select the RMA option, it also lists tax for some reason. Do I have to pay for the tax too? Didn't I already pay for tax when I bought the item initially?
Thanks.

Yes ! I had to do this when i changed vid cards. On a 400+ dollar vid card you can only imagine how much i had to pay just to return it.

But since i am a prem card user i get the 6 months with no payments, i love that :)

Yes ! I had to do this when i changed vid cards. On a 400+ dollar vid card you can only imagine how much i had to pay just to return it.

But since i am a prem card user i get the 6 months with no payments, i love that :)

So you not only had to pay the 15% but also the tax AND also the shipping? Good thing I only spent $160...

yes, now i double, triple check before i hit that submit button.

Oh and 1 more thing. Sorry I keep forgetting to post all my questions together, but what if I bought a board with a rebate, and since it had a rebate I had to send in the UPC to the manufacturer. Newegg says I can't return an item without the UPC, but it doesn't say I can't exchange it for a new one, so what if I exchange it, then return it? Or is it I can't do a damn thing since I already cut out and sent in the UPC?

Oh and 1 more thing. Sorry I keep forgetting to post all my questions together, but what if I bought a board with a rebate, and since it had a rebate I had to send in the UPC to the manufacturer. Newegg says I can't return an item without the UPC, but it doesn't say I can't exchange it for a new one, so what if I exchange it, then return it? Or is it I can't do a damn thing since I already cut out and sent in the UPC?

If the UPC is cut then you can't exchange/return it.

yea if you cut the UPC out then you have to go thur the manufacture for a RMA/Exchange.

Hey guys just wondering,
are there any memory conflicts to consider for the e6750 mobos? I'm looking at the Asus P5k, and P5K-E, and maybe some cheap 2gb ocz or corsair 4-4-4-12's.

Do I need to spend more for better memory ie. munchkin or g.skill if i want modest overclock (460x8) ~ 3ghz?

Oh crap...I just sent it in for an exchange. Oh well, we'll see what happens...

They just completed my vid card RMA. They processed it wrong, as an RMA repair and not a RMA return. Well i get an email stating they no longer have the card in stock and for that reason they are refunding me 100% (no fees taken out) WOOHOO :santa:

Back