• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Requesting information about your motherboards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Super Nade

† SU(3) Moderator  †
Hi folks,

If you have taken out/replaced/removed your stock cooling apparatus on the motherboard, please take a moment to note down any information you can regarding the PWM-IC's and Voltage regulators near the CPU, being used. It would be great if you can find a data sheet as well.

You may use the following format:
Code:
Motherboard:
IC's :

Thanks,

S-N

Motherboard : ASUS P5B Deluxe Wifi
ICs = ADP3198 8-Bit Programmable 2- to 4-Phase Synchronous Buck Controller, details HERE

Note : This PWM IC probably the same as other Asus P5B series like Commando, P5B-E Plus and etc.

The chips & it's location, also as an example for others how to find it.

Sorry, couldn't be smaller without loosing the details. ;)
P5B Deluxe ICs.jpg

Mind if I steal your picture bing? I've posted this thread in other forums as well. :)

Also, I was looking for names on the FET's under the heatpipe thingy. :)

Sure, if you want better original one, I can send it to you.

This one is highly compressed JPG for 56k friendly, so it is abit blurry.

SN
you thinking the VR ic has something to do with the vdroop on the boards?

Well, you cannot single out the IC for that. There are a whole slew of factors involved. TBH, many companies have introduced specific IC's for active droop control. It is a very complex issue with no clear-cut solution.

Back