• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G33M-DS2R FSB:RAM Ratio (not really news)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

esveezy

Registered
Gigabyte G33M-DS2R really seems like a great board EXCEPT for the lack of lower ratios than 3:5 for a 200FSB processor (in this case, celly 420). Of course pinmods didn't seem to help.

1.) any hope of a modified BIOS?
2.) any other pinmod option besides the common 200->266 & 266->333?
3.) does anyone else see this as a travesty? (that Gigabyte could have the hands-down most desireable mATX motherboard if only they would add one more BIOS option:bang head)

And to top it off, my buddy got some cheap Kingston pc2-6400 5-5-5-18 RAM to run on it, so he is really limited.

This is mostly a matter of principle. Even without overclocking at all, this motherboard (integrated video, ICH9R, Firewire) is still wonderful for this application (glorified fileserver). Letting all that CPU potential go to waste just makes me :(.

Any help, including telling me to abandon hope, would be appreciated.

yea gigabyte boards dont take with pad mods for some reason... have you tried just upping the fsb to see if the ratio changes?

right now there is no modded bios for the board.. all your friend can do atm is wait for gigabyte to release a new one....

Back