• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard Recommendation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

colt1911

Registered
I'm about to upgrade my cpu from the E6850 to the Q9550 when it comes out in Jan.08. Therefore I 'm doing research on mobo's.My current board will support the cpu but does not overclock that well and before I go and drop another 2 to 3 hundred dollars on a board I would like some expert advice. I like the Asus boards but I don't have to stay with them. Last question should I keep SLI or drop down to one good single card . ( 8800GT maybe ) . Thanks for taking the time to help out with my problem.

well a single 8800GT is gonna be much faster then your 8600GT's... i would drop the sli for a single 8800GT with a P35 board. If you want the option for SLI with the 8800GT though grab the evga 680i motherboard.

I've never used an Abit board are they fairly user friendly when it comes to setup and updating the Bios? Thanks for the advice. Also is the Abit IP35 Pro compactable with my memory?

Last edited:
yea updating the bios on abit's is just like with asus. either in windows or in dos, your choice.

cool , I've always used Asus boards but the one I have now doesn't overclock well and some are saying that even though Asus is saying it will support the 45nm cpu's ,that they can't get them to work . The only one out as of now is the Q9650 and many on the asus forum say it will not work.

yes the QX9650 is out, part of the problem i bet is the bios is not fully ready. where the boards are...

ABIT IP35-E - less than $90 at the Egg - read the thread in my signature.

Back