• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I've stuck a screwdriver into my mobo. how bad is it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EBH

Hello

While trying to get the Tuniq Tower backplate off my mobo using a screwdriver (and failing offcourse) I've stuck the the scrwedriver a little into the board... :bang head

Now there's a good side and a bad side: The bad side is that although apparently there were no circuits under there, I still can see copper now where I've intruded into the MB (I know it's multi layer PCB but hoped there was nothing in there). The good would be that my mobo is still running... well, at least for now.

Does that mean (the mobo still running, that is) that I haven't damaged it that bad? Or should it eventually die on me?

I am now running prime to see if anything is wrong. I tried to play a game but I got the "this program has performed an illegal operation" from time to time. Dunno if it's related though.

Should be fine as long as you didn't break any circuits. Put some nail polish over the damaged area if you want.

Should be fine as long as you didn't break any circuits. Put some nail polish over the damaged area if you want.

That's a relief! I don't think I need nail polish right now as that area is right next to the cpu and it dosen't come close to any metal parts. If I remove the mobo I will do that.

Thanks!

Back