• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Auxillary molex plug @PCI-E ports...(IP35 Pro)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

=ACID RAIN=

Does that thing matter? I only have my 8800GT plugged in the 16x port. I was thinking it might help with stabilizing voltage if I had another 12v source coming in the mobo, but you tell me.

If its from the same rail I don't see what it would do....

its ment for the PCIE slots for CF setups, for when they needs just a bit more power on the board.

Yeah that's what I figured, E. I might try it out of curiosity later LOL

Ben, back in the early socket-A days the CPU was run from the 5v line. There was a board from Iwill called the KK266 during this time. Tweakers found that if they soldered a 5v lead directly to the mosfets, they could stabilize the vcore a little more. Had to do with draw exceeding the lines. That's where I was going with it.

They have that connecter on the the IP35 and IP35-E, I dont see the point though. If you've got a PCIe connecter plugged in then the card should be getting enough power and not be drawing too much from the board.

They have that connecter on the the IP35 and IP35-E, I dont see the point though. If you've got a PCIe connecter plugged in then the card should be getting enough power and not be drawing too much from the board.

It provides power to the PCI-E bus not the card. I have always had mine plugged in. Don't know if it matters or not. It may help with getting "clean" power to the PCI-E bus.

Back