• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats is the fastest processor I can put on my AA8XE?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mycotopian

I have a 3.2 on now running at 3.4 but I am doing alot of video encoding and burning lately and things are starting to slow down. What is the fastest option processor wise for my board? Will I see huge differences going dual or quad core?

You will see a huge gain in performance if you go dual or quad core.

I would get a new motherboard with a Core2Duo or Core2Quad setup. There aren't any CPU's available that are worth upgrading to from your current setup, whilst still using that board...

EDIT: have a look at this chart to see how your current CPU compares to others for different applications.

That mobo with its 925X chipset will only support 90nm CPU. C2D is out of the question on that board. The bast you can get is P4 EE, which is not much of a performance gain from your current CPU.

I think the best, cheapest wayy for you to gain a bit of performance is to get 2x 1GB DDR2533 RAM. I don't know if you have one stick of RAM or 2x 512 atm. If you have 1x 1GB than just add another,. If you have 2x 512 sticks then try to sell them and get 2x 1GB sticks. This will be a slight improvement, but nothing compared to a new mobo with C2D or quad.

Thanks guys I think I'll go IP35 and a Q6600. Will I have to get a new waterblock and Memory as well?

Back