• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

trying to overclock with abit ip35 and 2180

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

doctor7

Registered
i keep reading that this is supposed to be cake with the above combination, but i'm a newbie to overclocking.

i've been running the stock system without problems for about 1.5 weeks and am now trying for a modest overclock of 3.2g. i am using gskill ddr2 800 4gb (2x2gb).

so far, i've tried adjusting the fsb to 320, increasing cpu voltage up to 1.425, memory settings 5-5-5-15 and timing 1:1.25

after a few variants of the above...i'm still unable to start windows with the overclock settings. i get past the bios/startup screens but freeze at "starting windows" with the exact settings above.

any suggestions would be helpful.

can you list the model ram you are using... the one thing i spot is that your timings look like they might be right but that 1:1.25 is the ram to fsb ratio. your gonna want to set that ratio to 1:1 so you can see what the cpu can do. then later try seeing how high you can take the ram.

Back