• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XCPGear

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Drinkyoghurt

Well this is my first negative experience with a American shop, it got solved with the help of g0dM@n whom i'd like to thank alot.

Here's the story.

For a few weeks the 8800gt's were sold out in europe, my last resort was America, soon enough I found a shop which had them in stock, I pm'd several people in this forum whom I could trust to ask them if they could order the 8800gt for me and send it over, all expenses on me ofcourse. Soon enough g0dM@n said yes to this and just when he wanted to order it it was OOS, so I used the vendor watch here to find out that XPCGear still had a few in stock. This time when the order was placed it was still in stock, it went OOS the next day. I waited 2 days for the order confirmation...nothing, so I e-mailed them and they said it was put on pre-order even though I ordered it when it was showing in stock. This for me is really unacceptable because as you know, credit card transfers take a few percent of the money.

I canceled the order on XPCGear and luckily they refunded the money in a timidly manner to g0dM@n, who in turn returned it all back to me.

This has just been a big negative experience with XPCGear, it just shows you what some stores do in order to get orders.

I'd like to thank g0dM@n for being able to spend his time and effort in this, he's an A+ guy and we are lucky to have him on the forum

A+ for g0dM@n
F for XCPGear

they did the same thing to me, when I ordered it was in stock, I called 2 days later, and they said oh, yeah that was a preorder, when my invoice clearly shows it in stock, this was my 2nd purchase from them, prob my last, took 3 days to get my money back :(

Back