• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA 680i-NF67-A1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gixxer420

I'm purchasing 2 8800 gt cards to run sli. How good is this model of this series and what other options do I have to picking another board for sli. Will use the current ram in my sig. Would I be better of just picking up a newer board and just getting a 8800gtx kinda like the new abit. Or buy a gts for cheap, newer board and a quad 6600 g0 cpu. To many scenarios to choose from

Last edited:
i love my 2 gt's in sli, they kill my overclocked gtx badly.

I like the evga alot, this is my second one and I havnt had any issues with either.

I was going to go with the dfi this time but the one I got had issues and I had to send it back.

With a 9 multi or higher you can top out any chip on this mobo, possibly even 8 multi chips. I have never been concerned with huge FSB anyway and I wouldnt let the fact that the p35 and x38 chipset clock better make your choice on getting 2 gt's or not. I run 3.6 orthos stable on this mobo no problem and I got more left it in but just have been lazy, I dont know how good it clocks with quads but I know 400 is doable and with a 9 multi who cares about the fsb ?

If your gonna get reamed on gt's though price wise, consider a x38 and 2 of the new hd3870... I wouldnt pay $300 for a gt when it supposed to be cheaper, it is worth every penny of the 300 but its supposed to be 250...

Last edited:
gixxer,

I have a question for you, where are you finding that board for sale (the evga one)? I can't find one anywhere other than ebay, which I've had too many bad experiences with as far as computer components go. I'm looking for a replacement sli board myself. I've got a box with a q6700 and 2gtxs that's about as useful as a lump of coal atm.

Back