• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advice About ASUS X38 Series

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lightning[983]

Hello,

A friend of mine asked me for some advice about the ASUS X38 lineup because he definatley wants to put together a crossfire system - but since he doesn't know much about that he asked me to help.

Now i went online and found a really great deal on a ASUS P5E, the basic X38 model from ASUS (and also the cheapest), which is even cheaper than the Gigabyte X38-DQ6...

Now i got some pictures (no reviews of the board i could find) and figured the board was great... huge cooling system, and its an ASUS so i can't go wrong :)

Now my problem is that i read a ton of horror stories on different forums abotu this board not working with hitachi HDD's or voltage droops because of the EPU asus put on the latest board...

So i'm wondering, does anyone know something about this board? How does it OC? and does it have any of the issues i listed above?

Well, thanx.

Back