• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

good motherbaord to overclock Q6600 G0??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mofei1

hey, i jus got my q6600 G0 and it runs fine at stock speeds. however when i try to overclock it, my pc is really unstable, even at 2.7ghz. i read around on the internet and it seems my board (p5ne-sli) is really poor at overclocking the Q6600's. i'm looking to upgrade to XFX MB-N680-ISH. anyone know how well this overclocks the quads?

I don't think you're going to get much better than 2.6 with most 6600's and n680, PK5, or IP35 on air and have it be Prime stable. You can go higher but I can reach 80c at my overclock at 2.6 on Prime and if you're stable at 2.6, that's generally good for a quad. If you got the money, I hear 680's are good but I wouldn't spend the dough just for 200 or 300 extra possible mhz.

If you haven't got the latest bios i recomend that you flash it. The newer bios's allow for much better oc'ing of the quads.

If you want to buy a new board i recomend the EVGA 680i SLI [A1 rev.]

I don't think you're going to get much better than 2.6 with most 6600's and n680, PK5, or IP35 on air and have it be Prime stable. You can go higher but I can reach 80c at my overclock at 2.6 on Prime and if you're stable at 2.6, that's generally good for a quad. If you got the money, I hear 680's are good but I wouldn't spend the dough just for 200 or 300 extra possible mhz.

Do you mean 3.6? Almost any MoBo will give you 2.6. The OPer has 2.7 already.

EVGA A1/Ti 680i is the best SLI board for quads.

Back