• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA 680i with 6300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blackersabbath

Hi guys, I finally talked my brother into letting me have fun with his rig. I get to overclock it!
CPU stepping is: 6 revision is:B2 7x multiplier
Motherboard is: EVGA 680i 122-CK-NF68 revision A2
RAM is: 4x1GB Crucial Ballistix DDR800
RAM timings: tCL 4
tRCD 4
tRP 4
tRAS 12
tRC 24
CR 2T
Right now the FSB:DRAM is set at 2:3 at 400MHz freq

I am wondering where I start on this thing. I am new to OC'ing Intel chips let alone on an SLI board. Anyone have a nice guide for this particular board? I know enough to up the FSB in baby steps and use the lowest multiplier (which in this case is only 6) to reach max FSB and to run stability tests for each step up. I'm wondering about the ratio's for the RAM to use since the FSB of the CPU is 1066 while the FSB on the RAM is 800 after it is quad pumped of course. I was looking around in the BIOS and noticed that there is an SLI memory option which I am thinking needs to be disabled but I am not too sure. Then there is a CPU virtualization or something like that. I am not too worried about the CPU overheating since he has a Zalman 9500 or 9700 on it with good case airflow.

Any tips/help/guides would be very helpful and appreciated

Forgot to mention that his PSU is a Thermaltake TR2 430W

Last edited:
Back