• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What p35 mobo should i get? Just got E6750! want to oc to 3.2 at least

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

atm743

ok guys i just bought a E6750 and i plan on getting a mobo for this bad boy but i dont know what to get. i hear people saying to get a

ABIT IP35 Pro or a few different GIGABYTE boards.

At the moment Im looking at the ABIT board but also was looking at ASUS P5K DELUXE/WIFI-AP but i hear problems with asus boards.

i have a asus board now and it works great for me.

well what should i get. should i just get the abit board and call it a day or look at something else?

i want to be able to hit 3.2 at least. will go higher but would like to at least hit that. lmk guys thanks :)

Go with Abit all the p35 board for them are just great board and easy to overclock ... in my case in run my e6850 to 3.85 on water with my ip35-pro ... i loved it !!!

maybe I don't follow mobos as much as I could, but I am disappointed that just about every recomendation comes with a caveat. The trick is to find out which problem occurs with which mobo(s) and if it applies, and if its serious, and then how often, and where did the complaint come form. All I could rely on is a reviewer bringing up all these points, then summing up again. I came across, but didn't read, a mobo of the year/month/series review of to that effect - Abit Ip35 Pro the mobo. I just hope my P5K-E /WiFi-AP isn't problematic, but It'll be nearly a half dozen Asus mobos in a row for me now, and its cheaper. I was just getting sick of spending $250 on a mobo. Some of these problems sound really annoying, however I think (a single persons') bad news travels fast around these parts.

Take a look at the Biostar TP35D2-A7. It reminds me of the Chaintech VNF3-250. Cheap board, few options, good clocker. No raid though.
i need raid. i have 2 hard drives. i could just have two hard drives but i would rather have them in raid

DS3L doesnt have raid. Get the P35-DS3R, it will get you to 3.2 guaranteed and it has raid and it's the cheapest of them all.

No motherboard guarantees you clockspeed ;) You could have a top of the line board and RAM with a crappy CPU.

If you need raid, get the DS3R, if not, get the DS3L :)

No motherboard guarantees you clockspeed ;) You could have a top of the line board and RAM with a crappy CPU.

If you need raid, get the DS3R, if not, get the DS3L :)

i should get my E6750 hopefully at the end of hte week. HOPEFULLY on friday i dont want my thing to get lost in the mail

if this chip dose not have G0 stepping i'm going to snap someones head off.

You do not need the Pro unless you need RAID. The Pro has half speed Firewire and if you need Firewire, those boards are cheap.

Read the thread in my signature regarding the ABIT IP35-E.

Less than $90 at the Egg.

i need raid and i NEVER use firewire

I went back, its the IP35 Pro Not sure how much of a difference that makes:

The IP35 Pro is a superb P35 motherboard that has all the features that
you need at a reasonable price. However, we found it didn't overclock as
much as we would have liked.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/motherboards/review/2007/11/15/Abit-IP35-Pro/p1
How can you trust a review site that can't even get the no. of mobos in a range correct?
"There are not one, but two versions of the Abit's IP35 motherboard,"
there are actually 4 :bang head

Seriously, I don't put much faith in TrustedReviews at all.
The board is easily capable of over 500fsb & you only need 400 for 3.2GHz with an E6750.

i should get my E6750 hopefully at the end of hte week. HOPEFULLY on friday i dont want my thing to get lost in the mail

if this chip dose not have G0 stepping i'm going to snap someones head off.

All the E6#50 CPU's are GO stepping by default ...

All the E6#50 CPU's are GO stepping by default ...

ahh cool cool.

cant wait to get it. maybe i can con my father into getting me my birthday present (mobo) early :) (birthday is on the 17th)

Back