• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Use this as water cooling fluid?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Toddc72

Registered
Was welding at work one day and thought of this and maybe see what you guys think. I do alot of TIG welding at work. We have our machines that are liquid cooled and was wondering how this would work in the cooling system. It is made by a company called COOLIT located in NC. It says on the bottle as a description:

Specially formulated for use in Coolit Radiator Circulator and re-circulator systems. Recommended for all water cooled Plasma,Mig,Tig, Resistance Welding Systems, and general industrial applications.

They have three versions of this:

Blue Dot minimum temp 19 F (-7 C)
Red Dot minimum temp 6 F (-14 C)
Green Dot minimum temp -60 F (-52 C)

Was just curious about this stuff. Cost is 18.00 per gallon and you just pour it in. I found a place that had it cheaper, but this is what our welding shop quoted me on it.

If I had a TIG I would start makin some U2UFOs...

As for the coolant I dont know just try and tell us how it goes.

wondering how this would work.........

Blue Dot minimum temp 19 F (-7 C)
Red Dot minimum temp 6 F (-14 C)
Green Dot minimum temp -60 F (-52 C)

Was just curious about this stuff.
Get a MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet). It will list the ingredients. It's probably just rebranded antifreeze....Ethylene Glycol or Propylene Glycol.

Back