• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P35C -DS3R big time issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RangerXLT8

For the love of god I cannot get this thing to OC. I had it OCed at 3.2GHZ but it would not always boot, sometimes it would freeze and then I'd have to restart. It ran SP2004 for 12+hrs. Now it cannot OC at all no matter was FSB is set..

Try taking the CMOS battery out for an hour then putting it back in. Push on the edges of the BIOS chip (long shot). Clear the CMOS via jumper. Even bump the MB voltage up a little.

Try taking the CMOS battery out for an hour then putting it back in. Push on the edges of the BIOS chip (long shot). Clear the CMOS via jumper. Even bump the MB voltage up a little.

Thanks for the input man. Some reading I have done indicates there may be a corrupt bios, or the board may have 2 bioses, one of which is strictly default settings. Whatever it is it's making me hella mad. I mean it's still a quad core 2.13ghz but yanno we need the SPEEEEED.

Thanks for the input man. Some reading I have done indicates there may be a corrupt bios, or the board may have 2 bioses, one of which is strictly default settings. Whatever it is it's making me hella mad. I mean it's still a quad core 2.13ghz but yanno we need the SPEEEEED.
I've heard of this thing called "KillMos" that cleans out the CMOS chip, so you can flash a new one via floppy. Maybe give that a try? But I heard you got a P5K-Premium on HL, so hopefully that'll treat you better...:beer:

Could be an OS issue. I have been fighting something similar with my Abit Quad GT 965 board. I would try and re-install windows at stock and work your way up slowly. Start at 300FSB, move to 333, then try 5-10MHZ at a time after that. I think a good target to shoot for is 2.8-3.2GHZ with that 3210 if its a G0.

Back