• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec PSU 5v mod?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Having an Antec 400W, I'd be interested in hearing what this 5V mod is. I'm assuming you mean other than jumping a conductor (or 2) across the ATX plug directly to the Vcore regulator MosFets.

73, Hoot

I have the 403 and have adjusted mine numerous times. As to whether or not the 300 has a pot, don't know.

The problem with simply readjusting the 5V output to accomodate voltage drop across the ATX connector is that the voltage drop will vary as a function of how much current you are drawing through that resistive junction. If you set the 5V output for adequate voltage under high load, it will soar, perhaps to a dangerous level, when the load goes down. If you set the +5V during idle, or low load, you will be okay, but depending upon the resistance in the ATX connector pin junctions, it may still fall under high load. Just an FYI

73, Hoot

This is very, very true. I set mine up for 5.1 under load and it was alot higher than this at idle. The 12v under load was very high as well. I had to set it back to 4.95 or so under load as the previous number would result in the psu overheating and shutting down randomly. Once it was wet back a little this ceased.

yeah amdmb.com had some pictures in the epox forum of the pot and instructions how to do it. how low is your 5volt under load? I would be careful doing it cuz the PS can be dangerous.

This is very true. Tis your life in your hands literally. I taped up the screwdriver, made sure the wife was home and even went so far as to make sure that she knew what to do in the event I hooked up with enough amperage to power a descent tec. A little bit of overkill perhaps but this is one adjustment that seemed to warrant the presence of another.

el said:
yeah amdmb.com had some pictures in the epox forum of the pot and instructions how to do it. how low is your 5volt under load? I would be careful doing it cuz the PS can be dangerous.

i can't find it...
can u post up the link please??
thanks..

Back