• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg has power tools

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vixro

http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=635&name=Tools-Hand-Power

Well I was curious about all that Newegg had and I was surprised.

Everything from power tools, to computer supplies (of everything possible for a computer pretty much), big screen TVs, digital cameras and lenses, home appliances, cell phones and cell phone activation plans, PDAs, mobile PCs, tons of Apple products, video games, movies, dvd players, car stereo systems, telephones, dishwashers, office equipment like paper shredders and copiers, TOYS???? like RC cars and scooters and robots, broad networking solutions, GPS, car toys.

Wow the list really does not end. It's like a combination of Best Buy, Toys R Us, Office Depot, and a few other small places. I have to be honest I've only bought some software and computer hardware, but damn Newegg has quite a huge selection now compared from when I first started to purchase from them.

Dewalt only?

i like their compound miter saws, and their screwguns are okay...

but for screwguns and the original Sawzall - im all about milwaukee.

for the little cheap piddly stuff i like ryobi.

if im gonna buy a meter i want a greenlee or an ideal or a fluke, in that order...
for household/pc use - the cheap chineese junk works just fine for me.

a few surprises, but little satisfaction. hmmm...

The prices aren't great compared to someone like Northern Tools or Quality supply(who almost always have some Dewalt tool on sale) but its rather amusing to see the tools they stock and wondering about the market they are trying to appeal to with them. Especially since most of the tools are tools a general contractor would probably be purchasing.

Back