• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

system won't boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skybluehuw

:confused: I was trying to get my system to run in crossfire when suddenly it crashed . i got a screen saying that my overclock had failed and i went in to the bios and reloaded a saved setting when i restarted it it wouldn't boot at all it won't even go into bios settings. i know you don't really need to but i cleared the cmos checked all of my hardware no problems it powers up fine. i can not think of any thing else i can do. please help as i need to get at an essay i have done for collage or i'm up C*** street.

Hi Rich, thanks for getting back. i did take out the battery and swop jumpers but not for 10 min also when i do this (change jumpers) should i turn the power back on to clear it or will it do it with out. thanks again

Until you get the problem figured out you might want to consider removing your HDD, and putting it in another PC (I'm sure someone at your college has one) to get at the files you need.

Until you get the problem figured out you might want to consider removing your HDD, and putting it in another PC (I'm sure someone at your college has one) to get at the files you need.

^^^ second.

the only thing i can think of is to reset BIOS/CMOS but that doesnt seem to have worked. What happens when you turn on? nothing?

Thanks Rich and all others who replied. i did as Rich said with battery and jumper and then did the one card and stick of ram and i'm typing this reply on my rig and i am so happy. i owe you one Rich:beer:

Back