• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Cooling changes...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MAIL

Disabled
Well I had picked up some more items for my water cooling Lian Li 2000V Plus case...

Changes are:

1. Changed from dual 120mm fans rad to dual 80mm fans DD rad Micro II.
2. Windows side panel with 120mm blow hole
3. Fluid XP (red) (non conductive and FDA Approved!!!!)
4. Swiftech MCW30
5. 4x 80mm Stealth fans for the new rad.
6. dual 12" light tubes. (shrug, what the hell, Im giving it a shot).

I think that is it :p

The reason for the smaller RAD is to be able to mount it internally with the dual 80mm cut holes already that comes stock with the case just above the PSU... I might add the 120mm back when I get a dual video card setup and a isolated loop or something.

The Fluid XP (blood red) was purchased because its non-conductive, one thing I had feared was another leak...

The NB gets quite warm even with the swiftech 40mm all copper fan block, so moving to a water block.

If i have time this week I will perform the changes, but might not as I have to pack and move in a week.

Also what is the best way to drain the current line and its coolant? I am thinking of popping one side of my line out and placing it into a bucket and the other side into another bucked... This way it would flush the old coolant out for the new FDA approved stuff, I wonder what it taste like?...

Welcome to O/C Forums! :welcome:

Looks to be a decent enough setup for your needs. Draining is not all that difficult, you already have that covered.

Distilled water should work fine as this is what's used in h20 loops. Not sure about the additive ( Fluid XP) as I've never used any and never will. Additives are a waste IMHO. They do more harm than good.

Just a side note: Plz remove the links from your sig as they are not allowed, thx :)

Back