• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crutchfield.com - First purchase, A+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SteveLord

Placed my first order with them. Got tired of dealing with the stock cdplayer in my 02 Toyota Highlander and was angry about $55 I wasted at Radioshack on an FM tuner.

Friend of mine showed me this site and mp3 players with front USB ports! And they can even include a $55 install card that you can take to a participating shop that will install it for you. ($75 is the avg price in my area without it)

Also googled a coupon code and while my order was at $204, I knocked it down to $184.

However, they emailed and called me today (at work which is great in my book) and let me know it was out of stock. Called them up and asked if there was a way I could get expedited shipping out of the deal since the site showed it in stock when I bought. The lady gave me Fedex 2 day! ($12 value) so I was very thankful.

I'm not audiophile, but this place is great so far.

***Update! I got an email lastnight saying it had shipped, although it says UPS Ground...its getting here 11/21

Last edited:
Placed my first order with them. Got tired of dealing with the stock cdplayer in my 02 Toyota Highlander and was angry about $55 I wasted at Radioshack on an FM tuner.

Friend of mine showed me this site and mp3 players with front USB ports! And they can even include a $55 install card that you can take to a participating shop that will install it for you. ($75 is the avg price in my area without it)

Also googled a coupon code and while my order was at $204, I knocked it down to $184.

However, they emailed and called me today (at work which is great in my book) and let me know it was out of stock. Called them up and asked if there was a way I could get expedited shipping out of the deal since the site showed it in stock when I bought. The lady gave me Fedex 2 day! ($12 value) so I was very thankful.

I'm not audiophile, but this place is great so far.

Sounds like an awesome experience. I love crutchfield, and almost always buy any audio stuff there. All of my current car, mother and mother in laws car audio stuff has been purchased there.

Sweet. They will certainly take care of you. While I can't say they are my first choice, if their price is competitive I will buy there. If you need service after the sale, their slightly higher prices might be worth it...

:cool:

Update! I got an email lastnight saying it had shipped, although it says UPS Ground...its getting here tomorrow!

Now I just wonder if you can hook up a self powered external HD to these things...like the WD Passport.

mine doesent work as hoped, however, my USB port can only draw like 550 MW or something it dosent have enough juice to power the external i have, also i tried powering the drive up with external power and no go : ( this is on a kenwood exelon deck also. i can only really do ipod / USB sticks

i wish it could read my zune tho :(

the first online oder i had was kinda a pita, but i got it fixed someone stole my panel remover tool from my packaging LOL

that and the speaker plugs i was supposed to get for free didnt come initially, however, they gave them to me in the re order of the panel remover :)

Crutchfield is great. The first I had purchased was some speakers for my Supra a few years ago. They actually went so far as packaging a full installation guide with the instructions how to remove the door panels and rear panels for my specific vehicle! I know they will do the same for head units. I was quite impressed.

I have also purchased some home theater equipment from them. They package well, document more than any other vendor I have seen, and have incredible customer service. I had purchased a Denon 3930ci DVD player from them and when it arrived, it was doa. It would power on and output sound, but there was no picture out of any of the outputs. I called their customer service and they offered cross shipping right off the bat without me asking for it! Amazing stuff.

I will say their prices are a bit on the higher side, but I think its absolutely worth it. For once I can honestly say I can see where that money is going. :thup:

I will say their prices are a bit on the higher side, but I think its absolutely worth it. For once I can honestly say I can see where that money is going. :thup:

i couldnt agree more, thats what we dont see much of anymore is Quality of Service. crutchfield knows what theyr'e doing without a doubt

Crutchfield is great for service and support. Prices, not so much, unless you get something on clearance. I got a MB Quart PWE-352 for $130 or so, MSRP was over 400 bucks.. Other similar deals in the past.. They do include many extras, especially if you are buying car speakers or stereos.. Wiring harnesses, speaker adapters, etc is all included in the price. Just tell then what particular car you are buying those 6.5"'s for and they will include adapters that let you plug them into your factory wiring without cutting anything. Good deal. It's almost worth buying non-clearance items, just for the great support you get..

+1 for Crutchfield.....

Aw damn, I recently made a thread about my first purchase from there. Unfortunately, if you had have read it before buying from them, both of us could have gotten $20 off - you your purchase and me my next. I'm prolly gonna buy some 3.5"s to put in my dash, along with an EQ pretty soon. Oh well.

Just remember, you can refer people and get $20 off for them and a $20 certificate for you.

Aw damn, I recently made a thread about my first purchase from there. Unfortunately, if you had have read it before buying from them, both of us could have gotten $20 off - you your purchase and me my next. I'm prolly gonna buy some 3.5"s to put in my dash, along with an EQ pretty soon. Oh well.

Just remember, you can refer people and get $20 off for them and a $20 certificate for you.

Zero hassle with the $20 referral program, too. I referred 2 people, picked out a $40 HD antenna, and they even shipped it free. I think you can get up to 10 referrals per year, and the $20 credit expires after a year.

Back