• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ECS Elitegroup P965T-A ver. 1.0F

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Terranova

This ECS motherboard has been very problematic to me, when using the IDE CD-Drives while trying to watch movies or install games my PC gets extremely laggy and pretty much inoperable during the time the CD drive is being used. So i thought maybe the IDE channel was screwed up and i knew that the mobo came with drivers for JMICRON tech. so i downloaded the drivers and installed em for the IDE channel on-board. I restarted my pc and now it sits at post just showing my processor and flashing the under-score, reset the bios and stuff but its still doing the same thing. So i sucked it up and said F this board and bought the abit IP35-Pro, i hope i made a good decision for my E6600.

if you pc is getting laggy while watching movies... have you checked to make sure the cd rom drive is running in UDMA mode instead of PIO mode?

you could buy the IP35-pro for ocing but still the same thing might happen. i would then also suggest a SATA dvd rom drive...

Back