• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8800GT + watercooling? mcw60?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Smitty1258

Id like to see some photos or any helpful insight from anyone that has WC there 8800gt, what waterblock they used, heatsinks, etc.

I have an mcw60-b, g80 adapter plate, and 8800 gtx heatsinks here, I was wondering if it would all work on the 8800GT.

Thanks!

I e-mailed swiftech on the matter and they assured me as long as you've got the g80 mounting plate it will work. I would host the pictures they sent me but according to their e-mail I'm not allowed to. So I sent them a reply asking if it was alright to post them. I'll let you know.

The 8800gt does not use the 8800gts/gtx/ultra mounting holes. It uses the 7xxx series ones. You don't need the g80 kit.

Actually for the 8800gt you do not need the g80 adapter. I learned this AFTER I ordered one. THe hole pattern is for the standard plate. Im waiting on new ram sinks to get mine together.

so I dont need my g80 plate, just use the stock blocks!

So i bought the heatsink kit for the 8800 gtx, this should work right?

Did you say the 8800GT has the same mounting holes as a 7xxx?

Does that mean I can use my old water blocks from my 7950GT for my new 8800GT???????????

MCW60
fghrjj0.gif

MCW60 mounted on 8800GT
76hgmy4.gif

Did you say the 8800GT has the same mounting holes as a 7xxx?

Does that mean I can use my old water blocks from my 7950GT for my new 8800GT???????????
I know the holes right around the GPU are the same, not sure on the ones across the card (that normally hold the heatsink).

Thats crazy news I have to go home and try this out

I got a koolash full cover water block ie it covers the ram as well...
I thought I would have to buy a new water block for my 8800GT....

So there is a chance (even if its small) that old water blocks that were built for my 7950GT can fit a 8800GT!!!!!

The pics so far look very promising...

Thats crazy news I have to go home and try this out

I got a koolash full cover water block ie it covers the ram as well...
I thought I would have to buy a new water block for my 8800GT....

So there is a chance (even if its small) that old water blocks that were built for my 7950GT can fit a 8800GT!!!!!

The pics so far look very promising...
Possibly.

The ones that only cool the core will work perfectly, no question.

Here's the rule:

For waterblocks and even GPU-only heatsinks, if it fits the 7900 series, it will fit the 8800GT.

Once you go outside the GPU package area, I don't know what the status would be. Obviously if there's a tall capacitor on the 8800GT that isn't on the 7900, it may create some issues.

IF IT FITS THE GTS OR GTX, IT DOES NOT FIT THE GT. 7900 mounting holes only, or get an adapter plate.

Back