• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yet another mobo rec thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Merlin7777

Hey all, same as title basically.

I am building a new comp for a friend and I need a good mobo to support a few things.

Needs to support q6600
one Nvidia 8600 or 8800
no raid support necessary
on board audio is fine for now, with a possibility for upgrade in the future
decent overclocking
and DDR2 ram.

preferably I would like gigabyte or asus, I have always been wary of abit. keep it under $200, or even $150 if it can be managed.

Sorry I have to go and start a new thread, but I have been out of the loop for a few months, and there are so many new boards based of the p35 chipset that it is hard to know where to begin.

gigabyte P35-S3L,P35-DS3L,P35-DS3,Asus P5k,P5k-E. i would say the Abit IP35-E but you said you were wary of them for what ever reason? the IP35-E goes for about $90 now and has a mir last i saw at newegg.com

The new Abit P35 boards are a huge improvement over the previous 945/965 boards. I have the IP35-E and it is a dream, no raid or other bells and whistle, but very good stable overclocker, got my previous Q6600 to 3.78 without a problem.

So, everyone is having good experiences with the Abit p35? Okay then, I will take your guys advice. This is build has a budget, so a cheap, stable mobo is fantastic.

The reason I was wary of abit is because I have had bad experiences in the past, but those issues seem to have been resolved.

So, everyone is having good experiences with the Abit p35? Okay then, I will take your guys advice. This is build has a budget, so a cheap, stable mobo is fantastic.

The reason I was wary of abit is because I have had bad experiences in the past, but those issues seem to have been resolved.

Remember there are three P35 variants... IP35-E, IP35 and IP35 Pro...from cheapest to more expensive :)

Back