• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ZipZoomFly...Looks like no more free fedex shipping

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Satyrist

Just checked out their site, and found a couple of things....

-I didn't see any blurb on any of the product listings stating FREE FEDEX.

-It appears that for everything I tried, there's now a shipping charge.

Not sure if this is a temporary thing (for the holidays) or not, but I suppose everybody knew it was going to happen at some point.

:( :( :(

Was good while it lasted, I guess.

ZZF sucks anyway, only reason why i ordered there is because they had good prices sometimes, but there customer support sux and so does their attitude. Last time i ordered something from them was on a saturday and i paid for overnight and I didnt get it till wednesday night. I had to argue with them to get my shipping money back.

ZZF sucks anyway, only reason why i ordered there is because they had good prices sometimes, but there customer support sux and so does their attitude. Last time i ordered something from them was on a saturday and i paid for overnight and I didnt get it till wednesday night. I had to argue with them to get my shipping money back.
Unless they shipped it out on Tuesday, it is not their fault ;)

Doesn't matter. Some day FedEx...WILL RULE ZE WORLD!:mad::attn:

Last edited:
Eh Fedex isnt really that good.. they deliver Saturday but not Monday?... They really need to make it either both days or just have Monday.. cause not having all the weekdays is kinda sucky.

Eh Fedex isnt really that good.. they deliver Saturday but not Monday?... They really need to make it either both days or just have Monday.. cause not having all the weekdays is kinda sucky.

That is FedEx Home Deliver. If you really need something you need to spend the $$ for FedEx Express. Express will deliver on Sat or Sun for extra $$$

And if you want to see what Same Day rates are google Sonic Air. They are a specialized part of UPS and can deliver anytime. I believe you can search for rates o their site.

Fedex Ground is pretty good. An original Xbox and fatboy PS2, generously padded, Sarasota to Chicago in under 72 hours, insured and shipped for under $8. Any 2 places in FL (probably other states too) is overnight every time - send at 6pm, arrives before noon the next day!

I'm convinced UPS will hold a GROUND package for a couple of days so you don't get your economy deliveries fast enough to compete with their higher-priced delivery methods. I say this because I have tracked UPS ground packages that looked to be way ahead of schedule just sit at one location many times. Plus UPS tends to be rougher on my boxes.

And I'd rather have Saturday delivery than Monday, because it seems that my ordering habits rarely would have me expecting something on a Monday, but frequently on Saturdays. Just got one from Jab-tech yesterday :santa:

I'm convinced UPS will hold a GROUND package for a couple of days so you don't get your economy deliveries fast enough to compete with their higher-priced delivery methods. I say this because I have tracked UPS ground packages that looked to be way ahead of schedule just sit at one location many times.
/QUOTE]

This happens to me every single time. This is the single reason I will never ever pay for ups. I only use it when it is free. Far any away my favorite is USPS. Not many people offer it but I tend to frequent those who do more often.

Just like newegg. Just as long as it stays cheap and doesn't go the way of Newegg offering expensive UPS damage shipping.

I do miss the free zzf shipping and/or 2.99 2 day (which I always used).

Back